Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its been a stressful couple of days.

Its been a stressful couple of days.

Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Its been a stressful couple of days.

With the hassle with the points for skilled Independent changing we have been a right old situation.
We found out about it all from our agent on Thursday as well as looking at this site and getting the info.
Husbands skills still being assessed by the TRA and deadline of the 14 April all was not looking good.
I decided to stay up and ring the TRA to find out if they had done the assessment only to get an answer phone saying they only took telephone enquires on MON,WED,FRI so I sent them an e-mail. Next day got a reply that my husbands skills had been successful.But needed a fax to go off with the application.
Our agent had also requested this and had not recieved anything.
Then she stopped up last night to get in touch with them again and rang me this morning to say she had the fax and was going to send it off straight away with Fedex who could guarantee it will be there on Tuesday.
What a sigh of relief I thought we really had no chance.
Still a little uneasy as it has not got there yet but keeping our fingers crossed that Fedex do not let us down.
Its been really stressful as we were so close and with the TRAtaking so long its just so frustrating.
My sympathy goes out to anyone in a similar situation its awful as all this is out of your control.
Just hope that the new Regional Visa works out.

Cheers to all from a stressed wannabe and thats before we have even moved etc.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Its been a stressful couple of days.

Good Luck with your application
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mate!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Good news all round and good luck with your application
When did you send your assesment to the tra as I to am a butcher and am getting a bit worried as I aint heard anything yet (fast tracked end of Jan).
Once again good luck.
Paul
Old Apr 7th 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Paul Tra recieved application around the 13th febuary.
Start to chase them as you should have recieved something by now.
Good Luck Mate.