Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Old May 24th 2006, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Its been hell to book a tickets to adelaide...

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well I'm bit rough

Don't know about ready though

G

PMSL
Old May 24th 2006, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I thought the wait for visa was hell, then we got it, look back at it, and it wasn't too bad of wait, then came the selling of the house which hasn't been sold yet, as we have had a lot of problem with the first estate agent, now we are with someone else, then my hubby said lets go to oz end of June to save some money, rather than going in August.
well you wont believe it, all these lovely prices are non-existent, once you call them the total they give you, gives you a heart attack, once they include the airport taxes.
so we said ok lets go, and then they tell you there is no seat.
very stressful, I be the size of elephant, stress makes me eat.
so I have found travel agent through teletext, he said no flights at all to Adelaide for 27 of June on ward, fully
booked so we said try Melbourne, he has found 5 seat with one night stop over, advertise on the net for £2781, guess how much we have been quoted for on the phone £3401, what the difference.
So I dont know what to do, cause the say from 1st of July prices would double.
I hope we can find place in Melbourne to stay for a few nights before we go to Adelaide, ok I am trying to be positive.

now we still have to ship things over once we have sold the house, get jobs, wow so much stress still to come our way.
Hi, I just booked with thomsons travel agent.Only date left for flights was 27th june and that was only singapore airlines so i booked it for 4 adults total price inc tax £1909
Old May 24th 2006, 5:17 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
I used trailfinders, they're very good Can't get an online quote though can you
We used trailfinders too for our flights in August, brilliant!!
Old May 24th 2006, 5:37 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
It's all well and good but I have around 50 messages in my e-mail every day cos I've subscribed to all sorts to get these kinds of information. :scared:

I can't wait to un-subscribe to all the junk mail I've signed up for.

I always wondered how you ALWAYS know the answer!! So that is your secret given away now!! Know what you mean all those emails drive you mental!!
Old May 24th 2006, 6:25 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not male just wanted to say I didn't even know that asda did travel agent stuff.
Wendy, you are quicker than google. I bet you could get a fantastic job speed typing in Aus - what is it 200 words a minute?
Think you are fab. Will contact you when I want another visit to Aus
Jx
Old May 24th 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

ok yesterday we went to trail finder in Kensington, and the girl really tried but not one single airline could she booked us up with, tried the flight centre, could do for 26 of June but we can only do evening flight 27 of June as my son is doing he's GCSE, we have to buy return ticket as we haven't sold the house, so I have just booked it the Malaysian airline with one night stop over in Kuala lump, it is the cheapest so far, well now its paid for, so we go Melbourne first, then hire car after a few days, drive down the ocean road go to Adelaide spend there 2 weeks then drive back to Melbourne then I'll be dead & very very poor by the time we get home.
perfect
Old May 24th 2006, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Trace&Steve is on a distinguished road

Hi Wendy,
its for £3501 something, but it doesn't mean they have the seats available, I have been to London all day, nothing , gone to local travel agents, nothing, been on the net, they say they do have it, but once you book, it ask you to phone them, thats when the problems start.
can things go anymore wrong, its 3 adults & 2 children.
have you booked yours yet recently?

Hiya we have booked to Adelaide one way on the 27th of jJunewith mMalaysiaairlines with a stop over for 5 days in KL and it came to £1398 for two adults and one child. We booked through Austravel we phoned them. hope this helps
Old May 24th 2006, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

ok yesterday we went to trail finder in Kensington, and the girl really tried but not one single airline could she booked us up with, tried the flight centre, could do for 26 of June but we can only do evening flight 27 of June as my son is doing he's GCSE, we have to buy return ticket as we haven't sold the house, so I have just booked it the Malaysian airline with one night stop over in Kuala lump, it is the cheapest so far, well now its paid for, so we go Melbourne first, then hire car after a few days, drive down the ocean road go to Adelaide spend there 2 weeks then drive back to Melbourne then I'll be dead & very very poor by the time we get home.
perfect

Glad you are sorted
Old May 24th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are sorted
I hope the weather be nice for us at that time of the year, still havent sorted out where we are staying better start checking the net for a place to stay.
Old May 24th 2006, 6:41 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

perfect
Why not take an internal flight with virgin blue, we are flying Gold Coast to Adelaide at a cost of only £45 each. C x
Old May 24th 2006, 6:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope the weather be nice for us at that time of the year, still havent sorted out where we are staying better start checking the net for a place to stay.
Try here for lots of places
Old May 24th 2006, 6:43 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Try www.ratestogo.com can only book one month ahead for unsold hotel rooms at better cost than holiday parks! C x
Old May 24th 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

thank you for the site, i will look into it tomorrow, this week has been such eventful week, lets hope nothings major happens to me tomorrow.
Old May 24th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Try here for lots of places
thanks wendy, I will take a look at it tomorrow, my life this week been like the weather.
Old May 25th 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

sorry gave out wrong phone number yeaterday, andy frostick 02088768400

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.