Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It's all going wrong!

It's all going wrong!

Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light
Default It's all going wrong!

Just need a good moan. Hubby has started at college ( I know what your thinking) its a 2 year course. The visa process is know nearly at a end, had medicals, police checks etc just waiting for final decision. Trouble is he is so happy with whats he doing he let slip that Australia was not his first prioroity now! My son and myself still want to go. Daughter says Australia is not somewhere she had thought of going she considers America and South Africa her sort of place.
I can see us being in divorce courts soon. He's the one that wanted to go 2 years ago when myslef and son didn't and spent many a sleepless night worrying about the future. Now I have sleepless nights upset that all the time, money and effort put into this by me as I am the main applicant, is most probably now wasted.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation and still gone if they have got there visa? Reassurrance needed.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:07 pm
TRF
Forum Regular

TRF is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: It's all going wrong!

Can hubby do the same/similar course at one of the Ozzy colleges?
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's all going wrong!

Your visa will be valid for 5 years once validated.

What's the rush?

He can finish his course and then you can go.

G
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:35 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Just need a good moan. Hubby has started at college ( I know what your thinking) its a 2 year course. The visa process is know nearly at a end, had medicals, police checks etc just waiting for final decision. Trouble is he is so happy with whats he doing he let slip that Australia was not his first prioroity now! My son and myself still want to go. Daughter says Australia is not somewhere she had thought of going she considers America and South Africa her sort of place.
I can see us being in divorce courts soon. He's the one that wanted to go 2 years ago when myslef and son didn't and spent many a sleepless night worrying about the future. Now I have sleepless nights upset that all the time, money and effort put into this by me as I am the main applicant, is most probably now wasted.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation and still gone if they have got there visa? Reassurrance needed.
Don't stress! Your family are far more important than the imagined idea that moving halfway around the earth will be utopia. Cause it won't be; but your love and connection to your children (and maybe husband) will remain regardless.

Many Brits head back to the UK after having their Aussie dreams shattered by a thing called 'reality'.

Think about it hon. That's my advice for what it's worth

hope all works out for you and family.
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Your visa will be valid for 5 years once validated.

What's the rush?

He can finish his course and then you can go.

G

I agree with G.

Plus you'll get a nice holiday out of it
Old Apr 27th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

We got our visas in Jan 04 and decided to stay in the UK while my wife does her 3 year Nurse Training then go next year. Not quite the same as we still both want to go more than ever but the waiting has been a bit of a strain - I feel a bit resentful that I've got to wait, she feels guilty for making me wait, the kids are growing up fast and their school friend bonds are getting stronger all the time but we just have to keep telling ourselves it's for the best for the family's future prosperity/wife's sanity once there etc.

As G says, the visas are valid for 5 years, your hubby can do the course, you can validate the visas when you get them and have a nice holiday and then see where you are when he finishes his course. Your daughter needs to realise that you're going to Oz and if she wants to live in SA or USA then she'll need to get a visa herself!

andy