Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Itinerary for three-month trip

Itinerary for three-month trip

Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Itinerary for three-month trip

Hi all,
Me and the boyfriend will be arriving in Perth on June 27 to travel for around three months.
I'm really looking for advice on where to go/in what order to ensure the best weather at that time of year.
We don't want to travel constantly, which means we'll probably have to leave out a few places.
So what would people recommend?
I was thinking something along the lines of Perth for two/three weeks, over to Brisbane/Gold Coast, then make our way down the east coast and try to take in Melbourne and Sydney once it's warmed up a bit (we will be flying back to the UK from Sydney but the return dates are flexible).
Don't know how Cairns will fit into this, but I gather that's probably the best place at that time of year weather-wise?
Any recommendations/suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:43 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Itinerary for three-month trip

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi all,
Me and the boyfriend will be arriving in Perth on June 27 to travel for around three months.
I'm really looking for advice on where to go/in what order to ensure the best weather at that time of year.
We don't want to travel constantly, which means we'll probably have to leave out a few places.
I was thinking something along the lines of Perth for two/three weeks, over to Brisbane/Gold Coast, then make our way down the east coast and try to take in Melbourne and Sydney once it's warmed up a bit (we will be flying back to the UK from Sydney but the return dates are flexible).
Don't know how Cairns will fit into this, but I gather that's probably the best place at that time of year weather-wise?
Thanks
Sorry, can't help ya - we're off next month to Melbourne and planning the trip is doing my head in - and we're only going for 3 weeks!!!

D D
Old Feb 7th 2005, 10:22 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hi all,
Thanks
Hi Diane just found this thread as i said on the other thread i went to perth same time as your going was in WA 6 months and still didnt get round it all!

We went by bus up to Kalbarri brilliant gorge, then to Coral Bay great backpackers there and it was warm, then onto Exmouth very warm and onto Broome even hotter its a long way but if you spend a few days in each it breaks it up. you could carry on to Darwin although thats another 16 hrs by bus :scared: and fly to Cairns? and on to Sydney.

have a brilliant time

Kay
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Diane just found this thread as i said on the other thread i went to perth same time as your going was in WA 6 months and still didnt get round it all!

We went by bus up to Kalbarri brilliant gorge, then to Coral Bay great backpackers there and it was warm, then onto Exmouth very warm and onto Broome even hotter its a long way but if you spend a few days in each it breaks it up. you could carry on to Darwin although thats another 16 hrs by bus :scared: and fly to Cairns? and on to Sydney.

have a brilliant time

Kay
Thanks for that. I hadn't really thought too much about where we'd go on the west side (apart from perth) so that's good advice - should get decent weatehr too! I will look into it.