Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Items that were packed, but just can't find them

Items that were packed, but just can't find them

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:10 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Question Items that were packed, but just can't find them

All our things were packed, all our boxes made it to Oz, yet there are a few items that we can not find. I can't imagine anyone pinching them along the line, as there were plenty of other stuff in the shipment of more value.

There were 2 bottle openers and a nutmeg grater, that still after 2 months after our stuff arrived we have yet to find. The other stuff that were kept in the same drawer we have found, so it remains a mystery as to where these items have disappeared to

So what items are you sure that were packed, but have not seen on this side of the world?
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:18 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Re: Items that were packed, but just can't find them

It took us a while to find some things but they did turn up. They were just placed inside something else that we'd put to on side for a while. The packers tend to squeeze things in everywhere so it will all turn up eventually.
Lorraine
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:22 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
It took us a while to find some things but they did turn up. They were just placed inside something else that we'd put to on side for a while. The packers tend to squeeze things in everywhere so it will all turn up eventually.
Lorraine
I still haven't fount my steel toecap boots. I'm not sure if the packers lost them or my wife threw them out.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
All our things were packed, all our boxes made it to Oz, yet there are a few items that we can not find. I can't imagine anyone pinching them along the line, as there were plenty of other stuff in the shipment of more value.

There were 2 bottle openers and a nutmeg grater, that still after 2 months after our stuff arrived we have yet to find. The other stuff that were kept in the same drawer we have found, so it remains a mystery as to where these items have disappeared to

So what items are you sure that were packed, but have not seen on this side of the world?
i hope you have replaced the bottle opener, you can't live in oz without one
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:32 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
i hope you have replaced the bottle opener, you can't live in oz without one
we are still borrowing next doors
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 12:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. One small kitchen knife. It was a really good one and I know I packed it and yet it's disappeared into nowhere As things go, it doesn't even rate, but I do wonder every now and then It's ok though, I have replaced it and I nearly like the new one as much as the old one
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

We have had a good couple of things that i know i packed and they have never to be seen again, my husband kilt accessories a blow up tent and the most important was our house sign that would be of no interst to no one else.
Suzanne
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 3:54 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find our electronic nit comb! Of all the things to go missing.... It was brand new and had never been used. And typically, although we never had a single louse in the UK, we found our first one on dd's head last week!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:39 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

There is a Possibilty, that AQIS might have confiscated the nutmeg grinder, especialy if it had traces of nutmeg in it?
Or the items got left wrapped, and thrown out with the m/t boxes, we find thing all the time that have been left in m/t cartons.............. mm
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:58 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I lost a couple of small kitchen things. At the end of the unpacking (done on the day with me and the unpackers!) there was a rush on to get all the kitchen stuff unpacked, so I think that some things got left in paper. One very irritating things was the pestle (or is it the mortar) so I can't use what I've got left (bowl).

The guys who unpacked us, were definately not as careful as the packers, so beware!!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:30 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Caster for one chair - have to go back to manufacturer but they dont make them anymore
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

ya im missing my war of the worlds dvd and my man u shirt.I had the blue one and the red one together but could only find the blue one!
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 7:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
ya im missing my war of the worlds dvd and my man u shirt.I had the blue one and the red one together but could only find the blue one!
movers probably need the toilet and mistook it for bogroll
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness! It's not just me then!!! I thought the same - baking pans still M.I.A after 7 months.... weird huh? Cause all the 'valuable' things arrived.
If it is any consolation we got our nutmeg grater but canna find whole nutmegs to purchase anywhere....sigh....

S
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 8:09 am
no longer searching

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
If it is any consolation we got our nutmeg grater but canna find whole nutmegs to purchase anywhere....sigh....

S
in little blue bag with see through window in the herb section of Woolies is where we got ours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.