Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Items that were packed, but just can't find them

Items that were packed, but just can't find them

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:25 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Items that were packed, but just can't find them

Originally Posted by iPom
Bella, there's some excellent spray I got from the health shop, called ... '100% Natural headlice Beater' in a spray bottle by Essential Health. It's an Aussie product and we haven't had them since.
You can get it on their help site here: http://www.headlicehelp.net/
Bless, Annabel, thanks. Amazing what it is with Ozzie headlice. My dd never had a problem in the UK - not a single louse - but has succumbed within a few weeks to Ozzie ones. Mind, we have only found four to date, but it's still annoying. I'm 51 and never had a headlouse until last week - not only are they prolific here, but they're friendlier than UK lice as well.

I'll follow up your suggestion. Being me, I will not, under any circumstances, use anything with insecticides or other unwanted chemicals in it. I have been using e.o.s in her bathwater since we came here but she's been having more showers than baths of late so their protection has slipped.

Thanks once again.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

its the opposite in our house. 12 months here in oz and no lice, previous 18 months in england 4 separate occurances of headlice.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
its the opposite in our house. 12 months here in oz and no lice, previous 18 months in england 4 separate occurances of headlice.

Daughter number 2 has very fine hair and they love her. She was in her new school for 2 days and told me her head was itching. I must have taken about 60 hatchlings out! Ugh! Anyway, you can spray this over their hair in the prone areas (behind ears, nape of neck etc) as well as in hats, onto shoulders, etc. She hasn't had one since. Even better it smells so mild and not at all like my mix of essential oils used to, so it's not too obvious to their friends. It kills lice as well as protecting. It's great stuff.