Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Italain Gelato and homes advice!

Italain Gelato and homes advice!

Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Italain Gelato and homes advice!

I have some friends who have just landed in Adelaide because when they were here last time (4 weeks ago) the fell in love with the place. They live in folkstone and own a brilliant icecream shop. He makes all the ice cream every morning from fresh ingredients (imported from Italy) and its way better than wha t you already get in the likes of Glenelg.

Now they were thinking about Glenelg as a viable spot for ice cream but it's already pretty flooded down there.

The question is where would you advise is an emerging place where they could set up a business?
Where would you suggest would be the nicest place to live if, unlike in some suburbs, you didn't want your neighbours house to be two inces from your own?

I've suggested house hunting in Mt Barker and icecream in Henley Beach/Brighton. I think ideally they'd like to have the shop and the hosue close by though.
Any suggestions
Old Mar 9th 2007, 11:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Italain Gelato and homes advice!

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
I have some friends who have just landed in Adelaide because when they were here last time (4 weeks ago) the fell in love with the place. They live in folkstone and own a brilliant icecream shop. He makes all the ice cream every morning from fresh ingredients (imported from Italy) and its way better than wha t you already get in the likes of Glenelg.

Now they were thinking about Glenelg as a viable spot for ice cream but it's already pretty flooded down there.

The question is where would you advise is an emerging place where they could set up a business?
Where would you suggest would be the nicest place to live if, unlike in some suburbs, you didn't want your neighbours house to be two inces from your own?

I've suggested house hunting in Mt Barker and icecream in Henley Beach/Brighton. I think ideally they'd like to have the shop and the hosue close by though.
Any suggestions
I'd say maybe at Grange or Henley Beach. Henley Beach area has a big Greek and Italian population, so if his gelato is really as good as you say he could have potential business there as well as the tourist $$.
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

I've suggested house hunting in Mt Barker and icecream in Henley Beach/Brighton.
Any suggestions
How about the other way round. Much better for me!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 8:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We just spent a lovely day in Hahndorf and while it's not where I would like to live necessarily it looks like a good place to set up something like this. Lots of tourists coming through,
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Was that the shop opposirte Macca's?

WW