Reload this Page >

ISP and Internet Charges Victoria

ISP and Internet Charges Victoria

Old Oct 1st 2004, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough
Default ISP and Internet Charges Victoria

Hi ALL
I am on visa validation trip to OZ on 14 thsi month. I am a heavy user to Internet about4 hours as I run business from the net. I came to know unlike US the tel is billed every minutes so can anyone suggest me what to do in such a situation ?
Any ISPs or other ways ?
I want cheapest way to browse net
Thanks All
Old Oct 1st 2004, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ISP and Internet Charges Victoria

Originally Posted by pokhrea
Hi ALL
I am on visa validation trip to OZ on 14 thsi month. I am a heavy user to Internet about4 hours as I run business from the net. I came to know unlike US the tel is billed every minutes so can anyone suggest me what to do in such a situation ?
Any ISPs or other ways ?
Thanks All
Sorry I can't give you the information you need but I suggest you also post your request in the BritVics forum:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics

OzTennis
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:29 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Sorry I can't give you the information you need but I suggest you also post your request in the BritVics forum:

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics

OzTennis
If you're using dial up you connect to an isp who is in your local call area.Melbourne charges a flat rate for local calls- untimed ! So you can stay on all you like for a local call cost 20-25c depending on your carrier .
Dial up can cost as little as $9.95 per month unlimited use.
Everyone is pushing broadband now and it is falling in price .I pay $29.95 per month unlimited use- but with a limited download.
Unlimited broadband /download wil cost you about $50 per month at the moment.
The fun starts when you try to install your modem.!

Melbournehelp
Old Oct 1st 2004, 10:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Melbournehelp
Make sure you disable Anti-virus programs etc before installing the modem. Mine refused to install, until the virus program was disabled. But they didn't mention that until I rang them !! Then it installed like a dream.

Old Oct 1st 2004, 1:54 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
If you're using dial up you connect to an isp who is in your local call area.Melbourne charges a flat rate for local calls- untimed ! So you can stay on all you like for a local call cost 20-25c depending on your carrier .
Dial up can cost as little as $9.95 per month unlimited use.
Everyone is pushing broadband now and it is falling in price .I pay $29.95 per month unlimited use- but with a limited download.
Unlimited broadband /download wil cost you about $50 per month at the moment.

Melbournehelp

I've just gone for TPG broadband $19.95 but 200meg download limit, which has already run out and I've only had it a week.
I found it very easy to set up, good instructions and help line if needed. I think the unlimited option is $49.95
Jenny
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:16 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jensteve
I've just gone for TPG broadband $19.95 but 200meg download limit, which has already run out and I've only had it a week.
I found it very easy to set up, good instructions and help line if needed. I think the unlimited option is $49.95
Jenny
Dodwload limits sound Mad!!! :scared: :scared:

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 1st 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markeh
Dodwload limits sound Mad!!! :scared: :scared:

Bye
Mark
If you are using a web cam to contact friends/relatives etc. I believe that contributes a fair bit to your download resource.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:08 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

This is the place to look for details about internet access in Australia:
http://www.whirlpool.net.au/

Best regards.

Originally Posted by pokhrea
Hi ALL
Any ISPs or other ways ?
Thanks All