IOM Australia

Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

craig_will is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IOM Australia

When my visa was granted the immigration office suggested contacting the IOM to help with airfare discounts and / or additional luggage allowance.

Has anyone used this agency? I'm awaiting a quote (as they have broken up for christmas now).

Cheers guys
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

A.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really niceA.I.Hassan is just really nice
Default Re: IOM Australia

Originally Posted by craig_will
When my visa was granted the immigration office suggested contacting the IOM to help with airfare discounts and / or additional luggage allowance.

Has anyone used this agency? I'm awaiting a quote (as they have broken up for christmas now).

Cheers guys
Hi craig_will,

I posted a similar question and I got the following answer from one of the moderators:

"We looked into it, but what we found was that we would not have had a choice of dates to fly or which airline/route. Things may have changed in the 3 1/2 years since we got our visas, so it might be worth checking into."

Original thread can be found here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640446
Old Dec 19th 2009, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

craig_will is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks buddy,

I will post the responce when I get it on the 4th Jan lol.

The information they requested was Date of departure, departure city, arrival city and number of passengers.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

H2fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a quote from IOM Australia. They quoted me $1100 from New York to Sydney where I can bring 4 luggages ( which is plenty- 23 kgs per luggage ). I ended up not using them as I found a cheaper flight from Air New Zealand for USD600 and USD100 per excess luggage of 23 kgs each. It turns out costing me a little less than USD900 with 4 checked in luggages of 23kgs each.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by H2fusion
I got a quote from IOM Australia. They quoted me $1100 from New York to Sydney where I can bring 4 luggages ( which is plenty- 23 kgs per luggage ). I ended up not using them as I found a cheaper flight from Air New Zealand for USD600 and USD100 per excess luggage of 23 kgs each. It turns out costing me a little less than USD900 with 4 checked in luggages of 23kgs each.
Well done H2Fusion.

I thought that IOM would always offer a better deal since they have some sort of worldwide agreement with major airlines.