Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interstate removals

Interstate removals

Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interstate removals

Hi,
I'm wondering about moving away from Sydney at some stage (various reasons), does anyone know the approximate cost of shipping a house load of gear from Sydney to Melbourne or Brisbane and the best way to do it?

Thanks!
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Interstate removals

Originally Posted by freebo
Hi,
I'm wondering about moving away from Sydney at some stage (various reasons), does anyone know the approximate cost of shipping a house load of gear from Sydney to Melbourne or Brisbane and the best way to do it?

Thanks!
I used Grace to move from Sydney to Ipswich because I'd used Doree Bonner/Grace for the move from the UK & was happy with their service. I really didn't have much as I had done a couple of trips up in the car. Think I paid about $1000, but not 100% sure. They wasn't the cheapest, but I knew they were good. Was happy with the service again.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane to Melbourne - about 10 boxes of varying sizes, and an ironing board - any recommendations for good movers?

Tried emailing Grace a couple of times, and called them but they haven't rung back.
Had an internet quote from Kent, who seem to have a pretty good reputation, around $550.

Any other recommendations people think are worth trying?
Old Feb 25th 2011, 8:47 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Interstate removals

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Brisbane to Melbourne -
Polly - are you moving down here?????

BB
Old Feb 25th 2011, 9:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Polly - are you moving down here?????

BB
Nope, its not my stuff - unfortunately!