Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Interstate Move Costs - PER->BNE

Interstate Move Costs - PER->BNE

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:00 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Interstate Move Costs - PER->BNE

Jees........

Ive just had Pickfords and Grace come quote for a 3 bed house for moving from Perth to Brisbane in Jan 2010....

It was around $9,500 for the house and 2 cars, fully packed.
Insurance was another $4500!! (100k insured goods)

Is this normal?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interstate Move Costs - PER->BNE

I would get another quote or two and then you can compare. However they are packing and you just going so sounds ok to me. Its a long way.

I know its expensive to move from Brisbane to Melbourne.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Jees........

Ive just had Pickfords and Grace come quote for a 3 bed house for moving from Perth to Brisbane in Jan 2010....

Is this normal?
Blimey, that's more than we paid to come from the UK!

Is the cost of the cars that is putting the price up a lot?

Hope that someone can come along and give you a better idea on prices.

Sam
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 6:13 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Blimey, that's more than we paid to come from the UK!

Is the cost of the cars that is putting the price up a lot?

Hope that someone can come along and give you a better idea on prices.

Sam

No the base price is about 7k, the cars another 2.5k.

Its the insurance that I think takes the piss..... A company I know has cover for up to $2 million per shipment as Marine Cargo, a 500k deductable and for a year of cover it paid a premium of $1500.

Ridiculous
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark213
Jees........

Is this normal?
The movers who just brought our boxes from Brisbane to Perth said it's about $10,000 AUD for a container between those two cities (I was complaining to them about paying $6500 Cdn to send 250 cu ft overseas). So, that's not out of the ballpark I guess.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Can you get insurance elsewhere like people often do when they ship things overseas?

Also, does that insure your cars as well, and could you get that insurance through your normal insurance company?

I've never done that sort of move before so I have no idea. I can say though that I can see how it would be expensive as that's quite a distance to travel by land or by rail if possible.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:18 am
Back to WA! Yay!

Yes I think i can - its just easier through the packer. Still $4500 is alot of damage when you think about it - probably insuring for a total loss is better and alot cheaper than say "accidental" damage that some of the $4500 saving can go towards!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

If you can pack it your self try
http://www.bigears.net.au/Containers...Dial_A_Box.htm

no idea on pricing but it looks a good deal
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:57 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

we used moving.com.au.

did most of the packing/unpacking ourselves then they loaded it in to a container then on to a train. $2500 for a 20ft container (3 bed house) Syd to Qld.