Internal Laundry

Internal Laundry

Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:09 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Internal Laundry

Guys,

I've been looking at some apartments and some have internal laundry. However there is always a very large sink and maybe room for 1 machine. My question is what is the normal, do you wash in the sink and then have a dryer, and if it is a dryer where do you put the steam pipe from the dryer ????

I guess you could fit a washer and a dryer but why put the sink in there as well ...............
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Internal Laundry

Originally Posted by rapitts
Guys,

I've been looking at some apartments and some have internal laundry. However there is always a very large sink and maybe room for 1 machine. My question is what is the normal, do you wash in the sink and then have a dryer, and if it is a dryer where do you put the steam pipe from the dryer ????

I guess you could fit a washer and a dryer but why put the sink in there as well ...............

Depending on where you are going, some places dont use dryers. I think I know of a handful of people here in Brisbane who have them... just dont need them, even in winter.

Its the norm to have a sink and space for a toploading ( ) machine. Don't forget though, you can always get round it by having a combi washer/dryer. Or a frontloading washer and dryer on the wall if thats what you wanted.

Washing in the sink I certainly dont do... but it is useful for various things, such as to sling your beach stuff in there after a day out

Last edited by mlbonner; Oct 4th 2004 at 1:46 am.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I have a theory that the sink is there to give you somewhere to re-wash your clothes after they have emerged from your top-loader dirtier than they went in....
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:49 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Oh......I thought by the title of this thread it was about pouring soappowder down your pants
Old Oct 4th 2004, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh......I thought by the title of this thread it was about pouring soappowder down your pants
I thought it had something to do with mob money - shucks.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The dryer is supposed to have a vent through to an external wall. Rarely happens the condensation is often just let into the room the driers in. You will use a dryer in summer, not that often but soggy washing when its humid and raining only has one solution, the dryer.