Reload this Page >

Interested in a move to Australia in the near future

Interested in a move to Australia in the near future

Old Jun 22nd 2013, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

jastyszko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interested in a move to Australia in the near future

Hello all,

I just wanted to see what information my partner and I could gain out of this thread.

We have talked of the idea of immigration for the last year and talked about Canada and now Australia and while I sit here and type this and the rain beats of the window it is the subject of the evening even more!

My partner and I are used to new countries and I have lived in Canada for a year and my partner is Polish who now lives in the UK and is married to me so the thought of living in another country is not too scary just the thought of being away from the family is the distressing area.

Australia looks amazing and out of all of it we think Perth would appeal to us the most. We do not have enough money to take holidays out there and test the water so gathering information as time goes on will be the best for us we think.

Is there anybody out there who lives in Perth or preferably the outskirts as we live in a small town with open meadows and views which is important to us.

How does Perth and surrounding areas measure up to people? Is there favourite areas? Favourite towns on the outskirts? We have not started a family but this will be hopefully happening in the near future so schools, beach access, outback would all be important. We are outdoors people, I enjoy my running fitness etc. the sea is important to my partner.

What is the diet like? We like to be extremely healthy and having some land would be great as we could grow our won fruits, veg etc. Can anybody compare the UK and OZ please? Is land with houses more than the UK? Gardens here are non exsistant now and we hate that unless you have excess money you can have anything!

Is food expensive? Is healthy food expensive? Does anything know of a healthy weekly food shop for three adults?

I can't think of anymore questions at the moment but thank you so much in advance for anybody who has an input. It is still early days for us and we are looking at a four/five year window. Does anybody have a view on that? Should visa applications be started now or too early?

Thank you all.

Jason and Beata
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interested in a move to Australia in the near future

Originally Posted by jastyszko
What is the diet like?
Depends what you choose to eat, I would have thought?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing is to see if either of you might qualify for a visa. You need a trade or proffession on either the sol or CSOL lists. Have a look on immi.gov.au then do the visa wizard.

As for the rest.

Yes, there are many smaller towns around the city. I love in one called mandurah.

You can have as much land as you want. But it is expensive. Most modern houses have little to know garden. The average house, without much of a garden will be close to half a million dollars. If you want land, you will need a big budget

Yes, food is expensive. As is the general cost of living in Oz.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I just wanted to see what information my partner and I could gain out of this thread.

We have talked of the idea of immigration for the last year and talked about Canada and now Australia and while I sit here and type this and the rain beats of the window it is the subject of the evening even more!
It rains here too....plus hail, tornadoes, cyclones and other nasties

My partner and I are used to new countries and I have lived in Canada for a year and my partner is Polish who now lives in the UK and is married to me so the thought of living in another country is not too scary just the thought of being away from the family is the distressing area.

Australia looks amazing and out of all of it we think Perth would appeal to us the most. We do not have enough money to take holidays out there and test the water so gathering information as time goes on will be the best for us we think.

Is there anybody out there who lives in Perth or preferably the outskirts as we live in a small town with open meadows and views which is important to us.

How does Perth and surrounding areas measure up to people? Is there favourite areas? Favourite towns on the outskirts?
Perth - and other Aussie cities - are huge, with enormous suburbs, on running into the next - have a read through other thread to get an idea of them.

We have not started a family but this will be hopefully happening in the near future so schools, beach access, outback would all be important. We are outdoors people, I enjoy my running fitness etc. the sea is important to my partner.
Numerous previous threads on Perth schools - have a look back through them.The outback? Enormous, totally different world.

What is the diet like? We like to be extremely healthy and having some land would be great as we could grow our won fruits, veg etc. Can anybody compare the UK and OZ please? Is land with houses more than the UK? Gardens here are non exsistant now and we hate that unless you have excess money you can have anything!

Is food expensive? Is healthy food expensive? Does anything know of a healthy weekly food shop for three adults?
Diet is what you want it to be! fast food, prepare from scratch, ready meals, whatever you wish. Australia is really just another western country. Again there are many threads on the cost of living here - which is much on a par with the UK these days.

I can't think of anymore questions at the moment but thank you so much in advance for anybody who has an input. It is still early days for us and we are looking at a four/five year window. Does anybody have a view on that? Should visa applications be started now or too early?

Thank you all.

Jason and Beata
What are your skills and are you eligible for a visa?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect/
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:30 am
Just Joined

jastyszko is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning guys, thanks for the information.

After I sent the email I started looking through some of the threads and found a little bit more. I will continue to search and see what I can find.

I am currently a dental technician hoping to obtain my clinical dental technician and my partner is a professional advisor. She has talked of hairdressing or fashion though too as a change of path.

Regards.
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

After I sent the email I started looking through some of the threads and found a little bit more. I will continue to search and see what I can find.

I am currently a dental technician hoping to obtain my clinical dental technician and my partner is a professional advisor. She has talked of hairdressing or fashion though too as a change of path.

Regards.
Thats the best way to approach it, keep searching and reading, and then ask questions as they crop up
Old Jun 23rd 2013, 6:37 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Regards.
Just remember that getting a visa will cost several thousand pounds, and the move over there will cost at least as much, you do have to budget for a cost of around £15,000, so moving there, or any other country where you need a visa isn't cheap.