Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insurance company wont pay out!!!

insurance company wont pay out!!!

Old Sep 20th 2006, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default insurance company wont pay out!!!

well it's been 5 months nearly since we got here in OZ and the company we used to insure our goods was CROWN. These were the guys we paid good money to pack our furniture also. As some of you may remember they stole some of our things before even shipping them out to us. We put the claim in as soon as our goods arrived. We claimed for the stolen items aswell as the damaged items. 5 months later they still have not payed out. They keep asking for more model numbers....even though we have paid independant insurance guys to give them quotations. The TV was dropped and now will not work. Crown say that our insurance policy does not cover tube failure. Our bed fixtures were missing so we couldn't assemble it. We have been on the mattress ever since. After 5 months i would like a new bed or at least they could send someone to fix it. Our stolen tools and Fire-arms have still not been replaced....nothing has been replaced or repaired...
Not sure if any of you have had to wait this long, maybe you have had to wait longer, but i feel that they are making excuse after excuse. And they told us originally that this would be sorted out in 2 weeks!!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insurance company wont pay out!!!

Crown broke 27 things of ours enroute (actually more than 27 but those were the ones claimed for). It was a real pain getting replacement quotes and estimates but when we sent the claim in with photos etc the insurance was paid into our account within 48 hrs. Chase them up again.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulrachel
well it's been 5 months nearly since we got here in OZ and the company we used to insure our goods was CROWN. These were the guys we paid good money to pack our furniture also. As some of you may remember they stole some of our things before even shipping them out to us. We put the claim in as soon as our goods arrived. We claimed for the stolen items aswell as the damaged items. 5 months later they still have not payed out. They keep asking for more model numbers....even though we have paid independant insurance guys to give them quotations. The TV was dropped and now will not work. Crown say that our insurance policy does not cover tube failure. Our bed fixtures were missing so we couldn't assemble it. We have been on the mattress ever since. After 5 months i would like a new bed or at least they could send someone to fix it. Our stolen tools and Fire-arms have still not been replaced....nothing has been replaced or repaired...
Not sure if any of you have had to wait this long, maybe you have had to wait longer, but i feel that they are making excuse after excuse. And they told us originally that this would be sorted out in 2 weeks!!!!!!
I have just had a quote from them for shipping.. they were the most expensive. not too happy with the service you are receiving so may give them a wide berth!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:03 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
Crown broke 27 things of ours enroute (actually more than 27 but those were the ones claimed for). It was a real pain getting replacement quotes and estimates but when we sent the claim in with photos etc the insurance was paid into our account within 48 hrs. Chase them up again.
48 hours so why am i waiting 5 months!!!! maybe it's because they owe us so much after knicking our goods!!! but what bothers me is that now they are saying TV is only covered for certain things...don't tell you that when you pay your money do they!!!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:11 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rpa34
I have just had a quote from them for shipping.. they were the most expensive. not too happy with the service you are receiving so may give them a wide berth!
It sounds like the OP is not having the best experience with Crown, but generally Crown are rated pretty highly on the forum. If you do a search, you'll find positive and negative posts about most of the removal companies.

Nicky
Old Sep 20th 2006, 10:29 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
It sounds like the OP is not having the best experience with Crown, but generally Crown are rated pretty highly on the forum. If you do a search, you'll find positive and negative posts about most of the removal companies.

Nicky
That's true. But most of the problems seem to be experienced at the Oz end and are Oz problems like a "couldn't care less" attitude, not returning calls etc. So it in the end boils down to how quickly the complaints are dealt with - mine were sorted quickly once I had spent a considerable amount of time and money (travel) documenting things.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 11:58 pm
going home!!

mandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to beholdmandtooz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
That's true. But most of the problems seem to be experienced at the Oz end and are Oz problems like a "couldn't care less" attitude, not returning calls etc. So it in the end boils down to how quickly the complaints are dealt with - mine were sorted quickly once I had spent a considerable amount of time and money (travel) documenting things.

yes agree! we used crown, our stuff arrived 4 weeks ago and i must say crown were excellent uk end, no probs at all, and could only speak highly of them BUT oz end they were utter crap!
no communication, no returning of calls and when i could get hold of the person dealing with our stuff she spoke to me like a piece of dirt!
but then they have had your money by then