Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ariel Liquid detergent

Ariel Liquid detergent

Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Ariel Liquid detergent

We use Ariel detergents for all our washing, including blue non-bio for toddler who has allergies. Is the ariel range available in Oz, or other liquid detergents for that matter? Havent used powders for years now as liquids have proven to be much better.

A dull topic I know.. sorry.
Old Sep 19th 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ariel Liquid detergent

Originally Posted by rpa34
We use Ariel detergents for all our washing, including blue non-bio for toddler who has allergies. Is the ariel range available in Oz, or other liquid detergents for that matter? Havent used powders for years now as liquids have proven to be much better.

You get a much more limited choice of washing detergents here - not many liquids, no tablets or little liquid bags! I went back to using powder in our rented top-loader machine and both the powder and machine were useless. We now have a front loader machine but there's a limited selection of powders and liquids available. Only thing to do is try when you get here (unless you're planning on bringing a years supply of ariel in your container??)
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:41 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Try OMO

Originally Posted by rpa34

Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

OMO is Surf
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:56 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
OMO is Surf
What is Cuddly then?
Old Sep 19th 2006, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
What is Cuddly then?

Not heard of that one.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:17 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

OMO is Surf
Is it? I've got a box of Surf and a box of Omo and I would recommend the Omo over Surf
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:17 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
What is Cuddly then?
Softener
Old Sep 20th 2006, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

I used Omo initially and now use surf liquid and find the fragrance lasts longer and my clothes are cleaner and softer, its exactly the same as the surf liquid in the uk. Ive got a front loader now and much happier with the results.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:19 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

I use OMO liquid and put in half a cap of Napisan - makes the clothes a bit fresher. i was finding that they didn't smell too fresh and especially the gym clothes
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:44 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

I used to use Ariel in the UK and I miss it. I now use Omo but do find that the nice smell that Ariel left in the clothes doesn't happen with Omo. If your container hasn't left the UK yet then I'd bring a stock of Ariel with you to see you through a few weeks until you find the right washing powder for you.

Lorraine
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ransi
Is it? I've got a box of Surf and a box of Omo and I would recommend the Omo over Surf

Yep, both made by Unilever. Haven't you noticed the adverts are the same as the UK ones about "dirt is good"
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:08 am
Cheeky member

Yep, both made by Unilever. Haven't you noticed the adverts are the same as the UK ones about "dirt is good"
No,not seen any ads,will look out for them...funny how Omo works and smells far better than Surf though!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ransi
No,not seen any ads,will look out for them...funny how Omo works and smells far better than Surf though!

I don't know, haven't tried it yet. Will give it a go next time and see.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:22 am
Cheeky member

I don't know, haven't tried it yet. Will give it a go next time and see.
and its way more expensive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.