Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Insulting Australians...is it possible?

Insulting Australians...is it possible?

Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:14 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insulting Australians...is it possible?

Here's a thread to get you all started.

I for one find it almost impossible to be insulted. I thank my lovely wife for that.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Insulting Australians...is it possible?

Originally posted by Florida_03

I for one find it almost impossible to be insulted. I thank my lovely wife for that.
Apart from the Abos and ex-convict stock please define an Australian I shall do me best?

Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:49 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

First find a Kiwi.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 6:52 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about terms to use but these might work:

"Who's your Prime Minister?"
"Do you know Kylie Minogue?"
"You're Australian, like in Neighbours?"
"Tie me kangaroo down sport."
"Where men are men and sheep are scared"
"Do you eat Vegemite then"

Last edited by jayr; Aug 8th 2003 at 6:55 am.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:30 am
Not here

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Apart from the Abos and ex-convict stock please define an Australian I shall do me best?

You know how...get a still...add 5500 posts...wait...and out drips a litre of black bile...and there ya go...a bastard's definition of an Australian.

(narrator: "For the recipe call Ray Martin's Embalmers helpline 1800-COLD-AS-ICE")
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:33 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Hats off to the Kiwis!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 7:38 am
Not here

Originally posted by Megalania
Hats off to the Kiwis!
Now that's more like it.

If only the kiwis could spell or at least make a sentence comprehendible then I would definitely be insulted.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Well yes it is. Despite being the most insensitive nation on Earth they are surprisingly touchy when the shoe is on the other foot.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 9:23 am
Not here

Originally posted by Sunlover
Well yes it is. Despite being the most insensitive nation on Earth they are surprisingly touchy when the shoe is on the other foot.
Well come on let it rip...a little less conversation, a little more action please.

I promise not to cry...not in public anyway.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:05 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

A sad case. Any right minded person can be insulted. I will attempt an on-line diagnosis of your affliction.

You come from a place where the term 'academic' is regularly used as a term of abuse (although you're not insulted by it), and you ignorance on all matters has given rise to a hermetic constitution.
Your delusional condition has left you trapped in the realms of fantasy where a false sense of aloofness has rendered your senses impermeable to all mannar of insults, all of which would be fully justified.

I suggest electric shock treatment (10 000 volts), followed by a frontal lobotomy (if you have'nt had one already).
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Kendoddsdadsdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Insults

In my experience the one that is guarenteed to insult most 'white' Australians is to tell them that the only true
Australians are the Aboriginals.

Likewise when Americans tell you they have a big problem with illegal immigrants - too true I say - ask the Native American Indians.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 12:29 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Tell em that thier banks are crap and you hate the way they say "aquatic".

Works on the wife anyway!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:34 pm
Not here

Originally posted by chippy
I suggest electric shock treatment (10 000 volts), followed by a frontal lobotomy (if you have'nt had one already).
OK...now what?
Old Aug 10th 2003, 5:42 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

OK...now what?
Well, I take it you have followed my advice and indulged your own self pity with aforementioned correctional treatments.

Your continued posts shall now be monitored by myself, with an expected increase in:

1. Legibility
2. Relevance
3. Wit
4. Reasoning
5. Insight
6. Intellect
7. Enlightenment
8. Wisdom
9. Learnedness
10. Truth

Other than that I will expect no change in your condition.

P.S This invaluable advice is FOC.