Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ins and outs of medical

ins and outs of medical

Old Jul 19th 2005, 11:47 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future
Default ins and outs of medical

i know you get the blood pressure, urine test chest xray e.t.c.
but what about hospital records i have epillepsy what happens there, i dont take seizures but i know someone who does.
as he takes the seizures is there a big chance he wont get in, passed tra everything police report.

john..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:04 am
Just Joined

lindylui is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ins and outs of medical

Originally Posted by jocky boy
but what about hospital records i have epillepsy what happens there, i dont take seizures but i know someone who does.
as he takes the seizures is there a big chance he wont get in, passed tra everything police report.

john..
went to gp in Carlisle and it was very straight forward, dint aske about much, carried out tests including blood tests. hope this helps
Old Jul 20th 2005, 1:17 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

hello lindylui thanks for the reply do you know anyone who has gone for a medical with a disability, thanks

john..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 3:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

john..
Hi
You have to fill out forms for the MEDICAL/X-RAY/BLOODS, which you take along to the relevant clinic with you and give to the person doing the examination/tests. You fill out your bits and he/she then fills in their info.

On them you are asked about any past illness, current illness, medical conditions etc. Hospital records only come into play, if the DOCTOR doing your medical feels the need to see them.

May I say it is best to be as honest as possible in your answers on the form - could cause problems later on if you are not.

Take care
Old Jul 20th 2005, 11:56 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

thanks bix bax boss thanks for answering my email, as you say it's always right to be honest, imagine they found out that you were lying or hiding something this wouln't be good for your character. hopefully talk later on a lighter subject.

cheers
john..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

thanks bix bax boss thanks for answering my email, as you say it's always right to be honest, imagine they found out that you were lying or hiding something this wouln't be good for your character. hopefully talk later on a lighter subject.

cheers
john..

we to went to carlilse for our medical the dr was nice and didnt ask to much about the past i cant see how having epliepsy will stop you.

toni
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:36 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

hi g man i am a what if person been told that i look into things a little to much of course your probably right ,where is it you are starting your new life.

thanks
john..

Last edited by jocky boy; Jul 20th 2005 at 8:38 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

hi g man i am a what if person been told that i look into things a little to much of course your probably right ,where is it you are starting your new life.

thanks
john..
we are moving to Geelong, i have been told that the only thing that can stop you getting in is TB

toni
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:01 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

what area is geelong in, i am going to bunbury down the south west .
have you got a job or family there.
the wait is intense seems like forever what do you think.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:38 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

john..
Jocky, do you know for sure that this person has been told that the epilepsy is an issue, or is he assuming it will be? I can't imagine for one moment that epilepsy would be a reason to refuse - it can be well managed with the appropriate medication. How do they define it anyway - CAT scan? If you declare you have epilepsy, but haven't had a seizure in years (or never have), how will they confirm it? From medical records alone?

Not saying you should hide it, but I wonder how they can prove it without detailed scans, and in what way they consider it should (or might) affect your application.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:20 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

hello bella donna nice to hear from you well the thing it is me and my
partner beth she also has epillepsy whats the odds eh. my epillepsy is controlled i can now drive e.t.c., but my girlfriend still takes her seizures thats the thing.

you see you hear all these different stories, i was told epillepsy was fine but diabetes is not also other disabilitys.

i dont know about the cat scan and the other tests, god who knows
getting sick and tired of it sometimes just want to screeeeeeeeaaaammmm.

thanks
john..