Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future
Question Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Good or bad - any advice welcome please!!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:53 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has Anyone Used Overseas Emigration Visa Agents in Edinburgh??????

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
agents, who needs them ? if u pass the points test on migrationexpert.com you don't need an agent unless you have too much money and or are a bit lazy.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

zenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant futurezenamethyst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by baconmaster
agents, who needs them ? if u pass the points test on migrationexpert.com you don't need an agent unless you have too much money and or are a bit lazy.
My hubbys a web designer and after having a meeting with an agent, who told us all the stuff we need to get from lecturers, employers etc just to send visa off decided that it would be less stressful to use an agent. Having discovered just how much they are though is rapidly changing our minds!
Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:26 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

My hubbys a web designer and after having a meeting with an agent, who told us all the stuff we need to get from lecturers, employers etc just to send visa off decided that it would be less stressful to use an agent. Having discovered just how much they are though is rapidly changing our minds!
Thats the gamble, if you have too much money you could use an agent, or I'd take some off you at no cost, or spend a few hours doing a bit of research, it'll be worth while. Expats is a good as any agent, just search first though
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the roughLindyLoo is a jewel in the rough

We used them and found them to be really thorough and helpful.

Our application was a little complicated and they guaranteed us a visa - which we got. If your status is straightforward, you can get all your paper work together yourself and you don't mind asking loads of questions on here, go for it yourself and save the money, because you are going to need it once you are out here.

My tip is to pay the £50 consultation fee they offer and see what your status is in actually obtaining a visa. If they think you can get one, then you can probably do it yourself.

I did my skills assessment myself and would still have had to dig up the paper work for them anyway, we paid half the total fee to get the De facto status for my partner sorted out.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

My advice is do a search for OE Visas. There have been many queries re. them. I personally thought they were crap and was not happy with their service, however Mr Logan was and it was his visa they were dealing with.

Look for Madsad's comments on them in a thread, absolutely shocking, and very unprofessional.

Happy hunting
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:34 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Z,
We used them, and the only problems we have are that our visa application was submitted 2 months late as they were "awaiting a final check", every time we rang or emailed to ask if they had been submitted yet, even though they had had all the documents for months. As a result of this I had to get my employer and previous employer to redo my references with a recent date (just before Christmas ).
Also they are crap at keeping you informed even if there is no news you want some shred of info eg. how long things are taking.
However, the samples we got from them on how to do the referenced and detailed CV were useful and we have some peace of mind knowing that ours visa application is sound and there should be no earthly reason why we shouldn't get it (hopefully soon).
If you are going with an agent pay in installments, maybe if they had to wait for their money they might not have sat on the application for no good reason for so long. Good luck with everything, Mel.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:37 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Dear My advice would be dont take the risk! try another company

Donna.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We used them and they were good, I think it all depends on who you speak to at OE regarding feedback etc.

They called us straight away when we passed TRA and also when we got the med requests

We paid them in monthly instalments and we are near the end of the visa application now

I would recommend them (but look at Go Matilda as well, they get much praise on here)
Old Jun 18th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

We used them and wished we hadn't.

If we had to choose again we would probably pick GoMatilda.
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

hi there,i got my visa from OE visas feb o3,they were constantly emailing
us for documents and posting us paperwork to be signed,they got us our visa pretty quickly,but we were in no rush to move,however,since we've received
our visas they have been less helpful when i phone up for advice,i think it's a
case of they got their money so they're now not interested in helping out
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fitz
hi there,i got my visa from OE visas feb o3,they were constantly emailing
us for documents and posting us paperwork to be signed,they got us our visa pretty quickly,but we were in no rush to move,however,since we've received
our visas they have been less helpful when i phone up for advice,i think it's a
case of they got their money so they're now not interested in helping out
I suppose that depends on what advice you are asking for, OE Visas are a company that helps you get your visa, they are not relocation experts. I would say that the best place for free advice is on here, always someone that has done it and got the t-shirt lurking about
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:06 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahahahahahahahahha......try Krusty the Clown - he's more professional! (and he costs a little less too!)
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:10 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
hahahahahahahahahahahha......try Krusty the Clown - he's more professional! (and he costs a little less too!)
MEL
Old Jun 18th 2005, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by meljor
MEL
My advice would be DON'T use OE visas. While we were sitting waiting for our bond request it turned out they hadn't even bothered to send our police checks and other documents off- they were sitting unopened on a desk in Edinburgh because the guy dealing with our case had left and nobody had taken over from him. 7 weeks our police checks sat there. After I found out they were still in Edinburgh I got all the promises that things were now in hand but that turned out to be rubbish....and they lost some documents which we had to get redone- wasting even more time. We did eventually get a discount and an apology from Richard Gregan but it would seem that a year down the line nothing much has changed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.