Importing tools

Old Apr 22nd 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Importing tools

I know that all tools have to be free from garden dirt before they are imported into Australia, however my husband has a lot of tools from working on the motorbikes and stuff around the house etc. Obviously some of these are dirty from oils and rust, and we are doing our best to get them clean, however as long as they arent carrying soil or similar on them will they get through customs? As you can imagine there are a lot of tools and they are worth accumulatively a fair amount of money so we dont want to lose them.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing tools

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
I know that all tools have to be free from garden dirt before they are imported into Australia, however my husband has a lot of tools from working on the motorbikes and stuff around the house etc. Obviously some of these are dirty from oils and rust, and we are doing our best to get them clean, however as long as they arent carrying soil or similar on them will they get through customs? As you can imagine there are a lot of tools and they are worth accumulatively a fair amount of money so we dont want to lose them.
Clean them, then clean them again. Coat them with Jays fluid...lots of it. The residual smell helps to prove you have cleaned them if nothing else. I had no problem bringing all my work tools and garden tools...but put the effort in.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:06 am
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Put some work into your tools mate, it's time well spent. The cost of replacing quality tools here is very high.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.
Old Apr 24th 2011, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the replies. we will make sure that they have all been dipped in jeyes just before they are packed just in case - my husband has started the job of cleaning them all and sorting through everything, just want to get him a tool chest to put them all in now, rather than lots of smaller tool boxes as they are currently