Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Importing a left hand drive car.

Importing a left hand drive car.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:47 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing a left hand drive car.

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
Seems if the car is more than 15 years old you might be ok. Found this site for WA. Also gives phone numbers for questions.

Depends on what state you are going to.
Good site. It bears out what my thinking on this subject has been. That you need to check firstly with the info at the OZ customs link I gave (and look at all the links and stuff they give), making sure that you will meet their criteria firstly(as they are the federal govs border control people regarding bringing goods into the country.

Secondly, that you need to ensure your vehicle meets the criteria for the motor vehicle licencing authority in the state you intend to relocate to.

Once your car is in the country, you can of course drive it anywhere. It's just that it has to be registered and licenced in the state you reside in. If you say, move from sydney to melbourne to live, then you would have to go through all this shit again with the the licencing authority in the state of Victoria.