Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

importing a car from the u.k

importing a car from the u.k

Old Oct 17th 2003, 9:15 pm
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

Originally posted by CHnJ
£500? Did that include the wrapping paper as well as the stamps? ; P
Yes,
£500 is correct, for a vehicle to go in 40 ft container with other goods. EMS Hansard Dover.

Cheers Kev
Old Oct 18th 2003, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Ah!

What was that for? The extra cost of building protection around the car? Paperwork too?
Old Oct 21st 2003, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice

Just one little word ...........or maybe two! Air Conditioning! Most UK "Standard" cars dont have any, (unless you count the sunroof and open windows) most Oz cars have it as standard, in the Summer especially - unless you live way down south, Victoria or Tassie, you will need Air Con, TRUST ME! That way you can keep cool, keep windows closed and keep Mossies out!
i.e. have you any idea how BIG this country is! It takes me 5 hours to drive to the nearest big supermarket from my home town.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

er, we need air con in Victoria too!! It does get rather hot in S. Vic & Melbourne. 45 degrees last January springs to mind!!!