How much?

Old Oct 20th 2003, 3:53 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default How much?

Me nice rellies in Brisbane just offered me a 1998 BMW 523i with 146,000K on the clock, how much! probably around £8000 here, anyone know the rough price in Oz? couldn't find one in the Oz Autotrader. They say I can have it for $36,000 sounds bloody expensive, is it?

Slater, not mug
Old Oct 20th 2003, 4:28 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look at Motoring links to car price guides and boring stuff like that. BMW here is stupid price like most European cars so Chris tells me.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much?

Originally posted by Slater
Me nice rellies in Brisbane just offered me a 1998 BMW 523i with 146,000K on the clock, how much! probably around £8000 here, anyone know the rough price in Oz? couldn't find one in the Oz Autotrader. They say I can have it for $36,000 sounds bloody expensive, is it?

Slater, not mug

Hi

The Brisbane Courier Mail website has links to cars:

http://www.couriermail.news.com.au/

There are dealers & private sales so it may give you an idea.

Dawn & Steve
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Slater, not mug
Slater.... the ONLY 2 links you need.

http://www.redbook.com.au
http://www.carsales.com.au
Old Oct 20th 2003, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Donk is an unknown quantity at this point

Slater.... the ONLY 2 links you need.
i found the first link to be good which had the two links you mentioned as i also found the second contributers link very useful thankyou.
Old Oct 20th 2003, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Slater, not mug
Umm, just do a little research into how much parts for a vehicle of that age,klms would cost in OZ. Quite scary I believe. Then compare with a new car with 3 year warranty for that figure quite easily. I'd also look at how you would resell the Old BMW thing once you put a few K's on it yourself, its going to be almost twice round the clock!!

Car dealers, real estate agents, and rellies all know a POM straight off the boat
Old Oct 21st 2003, 6:19 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by dotty
Umm, just do a little research into how much parts for a vehicle of that age,klms would cost in OZ. Quite scary I believe. Then compare with a new car with 3 year warranty for that figure quite easily. I'd also look at how you would resell the Old BMW thing once you put a few K's on it yourself, its going to be almost twice round the clock!!

Car dealers, real estate agents, and rellies all know a POM straight off the boat

Hi Dotty, PeteY and all,

Thanks, exactly what I thought, I'm just selling a 2 year old VW Golf 2.3 V5 with 18k miles for just over £11,000 bloody shame as it's probably the best car we've had. Certainly beats the BMW 3 series in my opinion, and we've had both.
Think I'll go for a newish Toyota Landcruiser Prado, as I have one here, and with 4 kids to cart around we can't fault it.

Slater