Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

importing a car from NZ, is it the same is importing from the Uk?

importing a car from NZ, is it the same is importing from the Uk?

Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

petejackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default importing a car from NZ, is it the same is importing from the Uk?

Hi there guys, I know that importing a car from the Uk, as soon as you pay the taxes and shipping etc, its not worth it, but is it the same when buying a car in NZ and bringing it over?? Looking for a MK4 R32 VW Golf but only 9 for sale in the whole of Aus, NZ have more and cheaper but they look like maybe they are Japan inports?? Pete
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Re: importing a car from NZ, is it the same is importing from the Uk?

It's the same import taxes regardless of where the car comes from as far as I'm aware, and you'll have to meet the requirements for personal import (ie. have owned the car, and been in the same country as the car for 12 months prior to importing to Oz)