Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cheap petrol in Perth

Cheap petrol in Perth

Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Cheap petrol in Perth

Which day of the week does petrol get sold cheaper than other days in Perth?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 8:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap petrol in Perth

Originally Posted by discobay
Wednesday I have found. Sign up for the fuelwatch emails and see where is cheapest in your area. http://www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it is worth the trip from Brisbane though.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Not sure if it is worth the trip from Brisbane though.
Ha ha ha! OK I'll update my profile.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by discobay
Because of Fuelwatch the price in Perth does not fluctuate on a daily basis as it does on the east coast.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:33 am
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Because of Fuelwatch the price in Perth does not fluctuate on a daily basis as it does on the east coast.
Hi

I'm not sure where you are in Perth but it does fluctuate south of Perth. I think the cheapest day is usually Wednesday.

One of the cheapest near us (Secret Harbour) is the Caltex in Port Kennedy.

I was never obsessed with fuel prices in the UK and used to just fill up when I was running out. Now I usually fill up on Wednesdays and try to avoid the weekends when the price is usually at its highest.

Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I am in the Manning/Como area.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K14
Hi

I'm not sure where you are in Perth but it does fluctuate south of Perth. I think the cheapest day is usually Wednesday.

One of the cheapest near us (Secret Harbour) is the Caltex in Port Kennedy.

I was never obsessed with fuel prices in the UK and used to just fill up when I was running out. Now I usually fill up on Wednesdays and try to avoid the weekends when the price is usually at its highest.

I have not noticed this where I live. The Gull station where I usually buy bio-diesel has had it at the same price for the last week.

Use Fuelwatch to find the cheapest price in your area.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

What is it with petrol prices in Oz?
Every weekend and public holiday the price jumps by 10%....at all petrol stations.
This has nothiong to do with the price of oil or exchange rates with the US$. Smacks of cartel style profiteering to me. Anywhere else in the world (well Europe/USA) people would be up in arms if this kinda thing happened. In fact, it'd be illegal. Yet here this "un-Australian" practice (read "unfair") seems to be acceptable????
Will carry on trawling this website for an answer.....
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BATS666
Every weekend and public holiday the price jumps by 10%....at all petrol stations.
This has nothiong to do with the price of oil or exchange rates with the US$. Smacks of cartel style profiteering to me. Anywhere else in the world (well Europe/USA) people would be up in arms if this kinda thing happened. In fact, it'd be illegal. Yet here this "un-Australian" practice (read "unfair") seems to be acceptable????
$1.04 at Warnbro yesterday
$1.05 at Port Kennedy sameday

Both Woolworths ???

Usually its Mon / Tue cheapest
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:42 am
ABCDiamond

Until something is clarified properly, no one can do anything about it, as, if anything the Petrol companies will stop the discounting, and then we pay the higher prices all the time, not just during the week.

Example of one weeks prices:
Canberra
123.1 Yesterday (8-Oct-09)
123.3 Wednesday (7-Oct-09)
123.8 Tuesday (6-Oct-09)
124.1 Monday (5-Oct-09)
124.3 Sunday (4-Oct-09)
126.6 Saturday (3-Oct-09)
127.7 Friday (2-Oct-09)

Perth
116.8 Yesterday (8-Oct-09)
115.0 Wednesday (7-Oct-09)
115.1 Tuesday (6-Oct-09)
117.1 Monday (5-Oct-09)
119.5 Sunday (4-Oct-09)
121.5 Saturday (3-Oct-09)
123.9 Friday (2-Oct-09)

Sydney
117.6 Yesterday (8-Oct-09)
111.9 Wednesday (7-Oct-09)
114.1 Tuesday (6-Oct-09)
116.1 Monday (5-Oct-09) Labour Day Public Holiday (with a price drop )
118.3 Sunday (4-Oct-09)
121.1 Saturday (3-Oct-09)
124.5 Friday (2-Oct-09)

Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Wednesdays or thursdays are usually the best.. it is a bit of an art to try and fill up when it is at it's lowest each week, i always feel agrieved if i have to fill up at the weekends even if it is just a few dollars. usually Caltex and BP put their prices up first, often even in the early part of the week so look out for them and then go to a different station, i generally avoid them at all times..you get used to it.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

$1.10 yesterday, $1.22 today.
Which is not a few cents...it's over 10%!!
Am I looking at it the wrong way here? The cheaper mid-week price is a discounted price as opposed to the weekend price being an increased price?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

$1.10 yesterday, $1.22 today.
Which is not a few cents...it's over 10%!!
Am I looking at it the wrong way here? The cheaper mid-week price is a discounted price as opposed to the weekend price being an increased price?
Just fuelled up at Warnbro
Woolworths $1.07
BP $1.08

pay for your trip from Mandurah
Old Oct 9th 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Clara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud ofClara W has much to be proud of

The BP near us NOR goes up and down almost every day! I thought I got it and it was Wednesday but then they throw in a cheap Saturday and a hike on a Wednesday to confuse me. Then it was Tuesday and now I have given up! It was $1.22 today. I never obsessed like this in the UK...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.