Reload this Page >

Importing bikes to Oz

Importing bikes to Oz

Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Redwarf is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Importing motorbikes to Oz

Hi everyone.

My wife and I are looking into importing our motorbikes into Oz from the UK and were wondering if anyone has done it and what process they used. I know you have to get a VIA.

We are looking to get sponsored so wanted to know what import VIA to use.

Personal import scheme, raws or letter of compliance. These are the options that the vehicle imports team have given us.

Any help and guidance would be much appreciated.

KR

Redwarf

Last edited by Redwarf; Sep 29th 2011 at 8:07 pm. Reason: change subject heading
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:32 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Importing bikes to Oz

I havent imported a bike myself (I bought before arrival and picked up 2 days after landing ) but look carefully at the costs involved.

Although bikes are dearer here, once you have calculated the various costs & hassle involved, unless they are collectors items or of sentimental value, its often not worth it.

This thread has been running quite a while, and there are a number that have done it: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=479975

If looking at the cost of bikes over here, prices shown are very negotiable at the moment, both new & second hand.