Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Important documents to take?

Important documents to take?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:13 am
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about
Default Important documents to take?

Hi all

was going to scan and email to my hotmail account some important papers, like
counterpart driving licence
marrige cert
house deeds (poss)

any suggestions on any others we might need?

many thanks
raiz
Old Aug 1st 2006, 8:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Important documents to take?

Originally Posted by raiz
Hi all

marrige cert
house deeds (poss)

many thanks
raiz
Birth certificates...
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

passport biodata page
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:08 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

We also kept soft copies of our passport and visas - came in very handy when agents/employers wanted to see them as we could just email a copy.

Other items were flight confirmations, acommodation booking confirmations etc just in case all our documents were lost.

Also kept copies of mortgage statements to show good payment record when applying to rent a property as we had not rented before so had no referees.

We kept all copies on the laptop and in case the laptop went astray we left a copy of all documents on a CD with a family member in the UK. Fortunately we didn't have any problems.

Hope this helps. P
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

No claims bonus letters from insurance companies
AA membership card
proof of children's vaccinations for school

Originally Posted by raiz
Hi all

marrige cert
house deeds (poss)

many thanks
raiz
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:22 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luma
No claims bonus letters from insurance companies
AA membership card
proof of children's vaccinations for school

Absolutely to the no claims bonus. I've been here since Easter and I'm still trying to get Direct Line to fax through the no claims bonus to the company we insure with now.
I'm on the phone again right now.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We also haven't got our from Direct Line yet. Instead they've been sending us final renewal notices even though we cancelled months ago.
Between them and NTL I don't know which is more incompetent$*&$!!!!

Tesco were very good at posting us our other no claims bonus ours.

QUOTE=iPom]Absolutely to the no claims bonus. I've been here since Easter and I'm still trying to get Direct Line to fax through the no claims bonus to the company we insure with now.
I'm on the phone again right now.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr![/QUOTE]
Old Aug 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poppet
We also kept soft copies of our passport and visas - came in very handy when agents/employers wanted to see them as we could just email a copy.

Other items were flight confirmations, acommodation booking confirmations etc just in case all our documents were lost.

Also kept copies of mortgage statements to show good payment record when applying to rent a property as we had not rented before so had no referees.

We kept all copies on the laptop and in case the laptop went astray we left a copy of all documents on a CD with a family member in the UK. Fortunately we didn't have any problems.

Hope this helps. P
Did you scan your copies, then saved them on your hard drive?

Thanks
Julie
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:12 pm
Lee N Liz

raiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura aboutraiz has a spectacular aura about

thanks all

been a great help.

roll on october
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

noonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to allnoonard is a name known to all

I'm also going to scan copies of exam certificates, degree certificate, professional qualification certificates (could all come in handy for job hunting), shipping details and packing lists, and.... errr... anything else i find!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:48 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Did you scan your copies, then saved them on your hard drive?

Thanks
Julie
Most of them then we gave our scanner away! The final few we just took digital photos of and saved them on laptop and CD - works almost as well. Used the camera a lot once we got here and didn't have the scanner. Not sure why we didn't bring the scanner though.....

Poppet
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Take quite a few copies of references, to show rental agents and possible employers or have mates on standby to e-mail them out to you if needed.