Impatience

Old Jul 28th 2003, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Slater

Its got to make life less stressful after your visas come if the house is all sorted out, you know you are going your not about to back out and say no i dont think we'll go, imagine having your visa in your sweaty palm and cant sell the house for 6 months. My advise GO FOR IT. You have to take some chances in this process and if your sure your visa is a definate then you are only taking a very small chance!

Lynn
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice
Default Re: Impatience

Originally posted by tinaj
We have had our visas for 2 months now and the impatience is beginning to get to me!! The weather isn't helping, the last 4 days have been pretty awful. Our house has been on the market 2 weeks and we have only had 1 viewing which is really p*****g me off. The estate agents are living up to all expectations ( unfortunately)

I am feeling bored, bored and can't wait to leave. It is really getting to me at the moment. When you decide that you want to start a new life you want it to start quickly.

We can't leave any earlier due to work and family commitments, but I don't know how I am going to get through another 5 months of this!!

Thanks, I have got that off of my chest now. I just wish we could close our eyes and appear in Brisbane. Now that would be nice.

Does anyone else feel the same, or am I just an impatient old bag?

Tina

Tina your not alone.

Myself and missus pom took the little whingers to Brisbane in April, it was superb, I loved it and so did the rest of them. I tried to get a second job so we could go back for new years, but that only lasted two weeks. How do you cope when you just want to be somewhere else.

We have only just got our case number so we have at least a year to go, my nieghbour has just put his house on the market, he has a job offer in N.Z and it looks like he will be out there before winter. You are a lot closer to getting there than we are and if you have been through all the emotions that I am at the moment and will be facing in the coming year, then you can hang on a bit longer.

Good luck.
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for all of your replies, they have really cheered me up.

I am thankful that we got our visas through quickly. I just hope we get a bit of activity from our estate agents soon. Of course he has told us that he has a buyer that he is sure will buy our house, but they are on holiday at the moment.. How many lies can you believe?

I just want to flog the house and move into rented ASAP, at least then we know that nothing can happen to stop us leaving when we plan to.

Part of the problem is that I am a bit of a planning addict. I like to plan things way in advance so that I can get the best deals etc on flights & accomodation. I will just have to wait a bit longer and take what is left- at least we know (hope!) that we will be leaving by the end of the year.

Must go now I have got to clean the house ...
Old Jul 28th 2003, 11:48 pm
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

AAAAAAARRRggggghhhhh - Get me out of here......
Our Visa's are already stamped, and we have an offer on the house, hopefully the survey will be done this week then it's off as soon as possible. I think the frustrating thing is in those times when you know you want to get moving and arrange everything but dont have any dates to work to, so you're stuck twiddling your sticky out bits. The stress of having things to arrange and having a deadline to work to is positive in it's own way as at least time seems to be moving on. Hopefully we should have a date to work to in the next 10 days, but boy, are those days till we exchange contracts and settle a date going to drag. If you have no luck with your estate agent after a few more weeks, then do what we did and change them for another. It might make the difference.

For Slater, if you have an offer on the house, then sell it now as buyers may not be around when you need them. Live in a tent for a while if you have to, just get yourself over there asap.

Good luck to all out there,
Bluey

Adelaide by October..........please..
Old Jul 29th 2003, 3:10 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

For Slater, if you have an offer on the house, then sell it now as buyers may not be around when you need them. Live in a tent for a while if you have to, just get yourself over there asap.

Good luck to all out there,
Bluey

Adelaide by October..........please.. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advise, I'll try to convince Mrs Slater, it's been a while since we went camping. Will need a tent big enough for 6, also are there any campsites you can recommend near to Heathrow?

Slater