Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im struggling today ....

Im struggling today ....

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:37 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Im struggling today ....

Does everyone this close to the day feel like this ?
I just want to go ...

S
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:38 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Im struggling today ....

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
I just want to go ...

S
Yep....it's normal. Keep going. Soon be here

Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go ...

S
dont worry about it, u will feel better tomorrow then shite the next day
it has its ups and downs the closer u get to the flight.
hang on in there
Old Jan 10th 2005, 10:49 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
dont worry about it, u will feel better tomorrow then shite the next day
it has its ups and downs the closer u get to the flight.
hang on in there
I'm in the same boat. Just waiting to sell the house before we go - Christmas was more of an inconvenience than a time to relax and celebrate. We just wanted to get it out of the way.

Our house sale broke down just before xmas too which made even more crappy.

Just a had a call though for a new viewing so am on an 'up' at the moment. it is a bit of a rollercoaster though! Thought having the visas and having to work out notices, etc in UK would be simple - it's not tho'! My mind is already in Oz...which explains why I'm online rather than working!! Oh well.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 11:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I'm in the same boat. Just waiting to sell the house before we go - Christmas was more of an inconvenience than a time to relax and celebrate. We just wanted to get it out of the way.

Our house sale broke down just before xmas too which made even more crappy.

Just a had a call though for a new viewing so am on an 'up' at the moment. it is a bit of a rollercoaster though! Thought having the visas and having to work out notices, etc in UK would be simple - it's not tho'! My mind is already in Oz...which explains why I'm online rather than working!! Oh well.
i know how u feel we were the same last xmas. the house sale was a stressful time. everything was on hold till the house was sold. that made viewings a bit mad. i was trying hard not to say to people " look do u want the house, if not get to ****" we have a plane to book and catch.
life in limbo is horrid. hope it all works out for u.
try to enjoy this moment cos after u get here u have a few months of chaos lol
Old Jan 10th 2005, 12:25 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to go ...

S
It could be a lot worse....you could be staying
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:12 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
It could be a lot worse....you could be staying
Too true. Everytime we get stressed out about selling house, cars, booking flights, etc - we try and look at the bigger picture. This has, surprisingly, worked very well for us.

In fact, for what it's worth, that's my one ultimate piece of advice for anybody starting out on the visa trail. Don't get stressed out over every little thing otherwise you'll never get anywere. Take a deep breath and think about what's to come when you land in Oz...with just the clothes on your back...a few $ in your pocket, nowhere to live, no job to go to...

only then can you start to s**t yourself!

Rob
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:20 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Too true. Everytime we get stressed out about selling house, cars, booking flights, etc - we try and look at the bigger picture. This has, surprisingly, worked very well for us.

In fact, for what it's worth, that's my one ultimate piece of advice for anybody starting out on the visa trail. Don't get stressed out over every little thing otherwise you'll never get anywere. Take a deep breath and think about what's to come when you land in Oz...with just the clothes on your back...a few $ in your pocket, nowhere to live, no job to go to...

Rob
the thing is though that none of those things worry me ?
>> Take a deep breath and think about what's to come when you land in Oz...with just the clothes on your back...a few $ in your pocket, nowhere to live, no job to go to...

<<

Im quite sure that we will find work and that everything will be ok
i have felt like this since the first day that we decided to do this......

just can't be bothered with waiting now ...

Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:27 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

the thing is though that none of those things worry me ?
>> Take a deep breath and think about what's to come when you land in Oz...with just the clothes on your back...a few $ in your pocket, nowhere to live, no job to go to...

<<

Im quite sure that we will find work and that everything will be ok
i have felt like this since the first day that we decided to do this......

just can't be bothered with waiting now ...

Of course, I was jesting...

Whilst the potential for falling flat on your face is very apparent to those around you (ask my mum who can't hide her utter dispair at us going) I think everyone on this forum has or has had the same feeling. Surely no one moving half way round the world hasn't weighed up the pro's and con's - you've got to.

And whilst all us expectant Ozzies can see the potential pitfalls we are all probably united in our motive for going...life's too short and you've got to grasp every opportunity when you can.

What's more, recent govt stats show that immigrants still unemployed after 12months in the country have fallen to an all time low - that's one govt stat I like!

Rob
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:30 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

What's more, recent govt stats show that immigrants still unemployed after 12months in the country have fallen to an all time low - that's one govt stat I like!

Rob[/QUOTE]

Rob, that is becaus etheu round you up and set uoy free in the middle of the outback, like an unwonted puppy at Christmas

Bye
Mark

Only Kidding,
they feed them to the sharks!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

cherrytree is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Im struggling today ....

I just want to go ...

S
we are struggling most days ha ha ha
we are going on march 6th 05 only just under 6 week,s to go??
so I no how you fill . we are going to adelaide were are you going
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:20 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

I'm struggling too

My heart and mind are already in Adelaide but we need to sell the house so my body can leave York.

Seem to be loads of us in this position
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Take a deep breath and think about what's to come when you land in Oz...with just the clothes on your back...a few $ in your pocket, nowhere to live, no job to go to...
And the weirdest thing, NO KEYS!!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

Do you think the people in the 50s & 60s - The £10 poms felt the same way?

The UK & world was slightly different them days, in one way I think they felt it worse cause there was less travel & technology.

But on the other had there was less hassle with the immigration so maybe plenty thought what the hell, lets do it for a few years (thats the type of thought most £10 poms had whom Ive spoken to.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:18 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
And the weirdest thing, NO KEYS!!!
Very true Hevs I think we did this topic a while ago, it was the no keys thing that got to me. All I had was an empty keyring, only kept it as it was a bottle opener Key's must give you that feeling of having somewhere safe to run to.
I'm off I'm rambling again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.