Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Im struggling today ....

Im struggling today ....

Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Im struggling today ....

Originally Posted by cresta57
Very true Hevs I think we did this topic a while ago, it was the no keys thing that got to me. All I had was an empty keyring, only kept it as it was a bottle opener Key's must give you that feeling of having somewhere safe to run to.
I'm off I'm rambling again
Yeah, I remember the No Keys thing - I had a keyring then which just had my mate's door keys and I remember thinking it was quite frightening having no keys of my own. Strange, the things that make you feel secure.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:24 am
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, I remember the No Keys thing - I had a keyring then which just had my mate's door keys and I remember thinking it was quite frightening having no keys of my own. Strange, the things that make you feel secure.
i suppose its different if you don't have your own place over here to leave .
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:27 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There you go mass produce some security keys especially for migrants, make them European styled and you've cracked it. Millionaires by christmas
Old Jan 13th 2005, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Ocker is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
i suppose its different if you don't have your own place over here to leave .
But you must own some keys? Car keys or your locker key from work?

The no key thing was really weird but now I have a bunch of them again. I feel like an ocker Aussie.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by soapy
dont worry about it, u will feel better tomorrow then shite the next day

better tomorrow, shite the next day??
wait till you get to your last week...i felt shite one hour, great the next, sick the next...and the final two days these moods seemed to change every 10 minutes...if not more often

it all changes the minute you go through customs at the airport though...dont think i've ever felt as relieved and 'ready for it' as then - even though i could still see mum, dad, brothers, sisters and friends crying and trying to smile and wave on the other side...for me that was it - i'd made it this far and i knew for certain than that i could do the rest too...

good luck with your final weeks...you'll be here before you know it!

tanja

oh, btw, (wrong post, i know) you just go to the licensing centre and fill in the form for the license, thats it - no restrictions as far as i'm aware of (oh - i had to do an eye-test because i wear glasses - i had to read the same line of letters 4 times - first with both eyes, then with the left, then with the right, then with both eyes again - clever people those aussies...after the 2nd time you know the letters off by heart...a - c - h - w - p...)