Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all
Default I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Flights booked for reccie.
Going to Brisbane 8th March. Just OH and myself. NO KIDS. I repeat NO KIDS.
I know it's over 4 months away but it just makes it all seem more real - does that make sense?
We booked the flights with BA. Emirates were cheaper but from Glasgow there was an 8 hour stopover in Dubai - OH refused outright.
Looking forward to seeing all the places we've just heard or read about.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!

Originally Posted by h1tvd
I know it's over 4 months away but it just makes it all seem more real - does that make sense?
We booked the flights with BA. Emirates were cheaper but from Glasgow there was an 8 hour stopover in Dubai - OH refused outright.
Hi

It is really exciting isn't it. We are booked to go to Brissie 10 February for a couple of weeks. We are going with Malaysian Air. BA Edinburgh to Heathrow then Malaysian from LHR to Kuala Lumpur then to Brisbane.

Have you guys thought of an area you would like to visit?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

It is really exciting isn't it. We are booked to go to Brissie 10 February for a couple of weeks. We are going with Malaysian Air. BA Edinburgh to Heathrow then Malaysian from LHR to Kuala Lumpur then to Brisbane.

Have you guys thought of an area you would like to visit?
Everywhere!!
We are going for 21/2 weeks - this probably isn't long enough but don't have enough holidays at work for longer - esp. as we hope to move summer 07. We will be looking mainly within 20ish km from Brisbane CBD. OH is in IT so his best chance of job is there. Area we choose will depend mainly on schools and being a family friendly area -parks etc
Where do you fancy?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:02 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Going to Brisbane 8th March. Just OH and myself. NO KIDS. I repeat NO KIDS. I know it's over 4 months away but it just makes it all seem more real - does that make sense?
It is exciting isn't it

We have booked Reccie for 5 th Febraury Manchester ~ Sydney ~ Perth ~ Manchester( 3 1/2 weeks) Flying with Emirates via Dubai with just a 3 hour stop.

Cant bloody wait now
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Everywhere!!
We are going for 21/2 weeks - this probably isn't long enough but don't have enough holidays at work for longer - esp. as we hope to move summer 07. We will be looking mainly within 20ish km from Brisbane CBD. OH is in IT so his best chance of job is there. Area we choose will depend mainly on schools and being a family friendly area -parks etc
Where do you fancy?

I know what you mean. We are only going for 2 weeks for the same reason as we are hoping to be over in May depending on the visa and selling the house of course.

We are going to look at Carina/Carindale area but at the end of the day it will depend where hubby can get a job and will depend on the schools and parks etc too. Getting really excited already though and now on official countdown to the holiday.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:35 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

You'll love it flew LHR to KL (Impressive aiport) Stayed over one night then flew onto Brisbane in August this year for our reccie. Brisbane is lovely as is GC and Adelaide. Have a good trip all of you, Enjoy!!!! C x
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=h1tvd]We booked the flights with BA. Emirates were cheaper but from Glasgow there was an 8 hour stopover in Dubai - OH refused outright.
QUOTE]

Just a point. with the stopover in Dubai. If you ask Emirates they will arrange a hotel room for you at no extra cost. I have done this many times and it is great to be able to have a sleep, a shower and be able to change clothes.

Sharon
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
You'll love it flew LHR to KL (Impressive aiport) Stayed over one night then flew onto Brisbane in August this year for our reccie. Brisbane is lovely as is GC and Adelaide. Have a good trip all of you, Enjoy!!!! C x
Hi Shiels

KL airport is very impressive and very clean!! We went to Penang via KL in June this year. We had a 4 day stopover for a family wedding. KL was a bit of a culture shock to a small town girl from Stirling. Hoping Brisbane won't be as much of a shock.
Where do you hope to settle?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=BandS]
QUOTE]

Just a point. with the stopover in Dubai. If you ask Emirates they will arrange a hotel room for you at no extra cost. I have done this many times and it is great to be able to have a sleep, a shower and be able to change clothes.

Sharon
Too late now - flights are booked!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

going Monday for good now thats not exciting thats just plain scary:scared:
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:18 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shiels

KL airport is very impressive and very clean!! We went to Penang via KL in June this year. We had a 4 day stopover for a family wedding. KL was a bit of a culture shock to a small town girl from Stirling. Hoping Brisbane won't be as much of a shock.
Where do you hope to settle?
Gold Coast, just not sure where on the GC yet!!!! To start with we are going to be staying with relatives in Tallebudgera Valley, until we get sorted. We loved Brisbane and it was a hot fabourite for us until we got back to Uk and decided we'd try something different to a city, as we live in Birmingham at the mo, but who knows....... Where are you hoping to settle? C x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 4:36 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Everywhere!!
Where do you fancy?
Hi Stirling Girl,

So you've found us then? Not many Mabozars out there. Just come in from the garden freezing our backsides off doing a few bounces on the trampoline.

A nice home made lasagne to look forward to now.

Speak to you soon

Another Stirling Girl
Carol x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Carol

Enough of the pretence - home made my arse!! And the only reason you bounce on the trampoline is so you can nose into next doors garden.

Seems like a lifetime ago I started this thread - now its only a matter of weeks till we go

Getting a lot closer for others too - Scotschick and Issie - are you packed yet?

Tracy x

Originally Posted by mabozar
Hi Stirling Girl,

So you've found us then? Not many Mabozars out there. Just come in from the garden freezing our backsides off doing a few bounces on the trampoline.

A nice home made lasagne to look forward to now.

Speak to you soon

Another Stirling Girl
Carol x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 10:13 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Hi Carol

Enough of the pretence - home made my arse!! And the only reason you bounce on the trampoline is so you can nose into next doors garden.

Seems like a lifetime ago I started this thread - now its only a matter of weeks till we go

Getting a lot closer for others too - Scotschick and Issie - are you packed yet?

Tracy x
Hi Stirling Chick,

Are you not in bed yet?

I can honestly say my lasagne was home made. There's left overs for my lunch tomorrow.

Your right about the trampoline bit though although their dog was looking at me a bit weird.

See you

Not long now till the big journey down under.

Carol x