I'm shocked!

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:23 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm shocked!

My mate who I pop over and see in Syndey has called me from his beachside house in Bondi where he has spent the last 5 years to tell me his had it and wants to come 'home'.

I'm shocked. This is the guy who said that he would never move back to the UK, that he hated it, that it had gone to the dogs. Then he came back to see his family last October for a week.

He says it made him realise how much he misses England and is now so fed up with the Oz way of life. He has visited before since living in Oz but this time it got to him apparently.

I really am shocked, I thought that was it, he champions everything about Oz and slags off the UK all the time.

I thought Sydney suited him, maybe his outgrown it. His been around Oz and I asked if maybe he thought about a different area, but his mind is made up, his coming back.

I never thought I'd see the day and it has made me stop and think about this big adventure (when it finally happens).
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:27 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm shocked!

i have done that once then came back again
i think i may go back to UK again at some point to live...can't make my mind up

there's been a lot of change in both places
i went back as i missed my family and i wanted them to know my kids
but came back to oz for the kids
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by russmcp
I never thought I'd see the day and it has made me stop and think about this big adventure (when it finally happens).
The curse of the ping-pong-pom ...
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:07 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I think we should also recognised that someone who is prepared to emigrate in the first place and be brave enough to leave everything they know behind can equally have another urge to move again and review / revisit places.

People change - and I am sure there is nothing that this person could say that should really affect your choices. Like you say they trashed the UK once and not all that could have been true just a point of view at the time. So take the same information you are getting now in the same vein.

Hope you enjoy the challenge

Cheers