Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Will I have to work in Oz if I go on 136 Skilled visa

Will I have to work in Oz if I go on 136 Skilled visa

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Dougy Stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I have to work in Oz if I go on 136 Skilled visa

Hi all, I am half way through my 136 skilled visa and I am pregantant again, If I move out to Australia with my new born, will I have to work because it is my hairdressing trade that got us the visa or will my husband be able to work to support my family. I know one option would be for me to work and him to look after the kids but as a car salesman he would earn more than I would as a hairdresser.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:31 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Will I have to work in Oz if I go on 136 Skilled visa

If you go on a 136 visa your husband can work too x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dougy Stu
Hi all, I am half way through my 136 skilled visa and I am pregantant again, If I move out to Australia with my new born, will I have to work because it is my hairdressing trade that got us the visa or will my husband be able to work to support my family. I know one option would be for me to work and him to look after the kids but as a car salesman he would earn more than I would as a hairdresser.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Do you mean that you have the visa or are applying?. If applying it's now online 175 visa. If you have it already and baby is born here you will need to apply for a visa for them.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:15 am
Just Joined

I was hoping that I could stay at home looking after the kids and Husband could go out to work to bring in the brass. We are in the process now TRA is passed we are waiting for next step.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:21 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

If you're in the middle of the visa process then you'll be applying for a 175. The 136 is the old version and I think they stopped those in September 2007. So just make sure you're applying for the 175.

If you do get the 175 permanent visa then when you get here you can do whatever you like. Your husband can work and you can stay at home with the kids, no problems.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 11:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

When is the baby due by the way?

If your baby is born in the middle of the visa process then it can be added to the application. Or you could possibly stall it if the baby is due around grant time. One thing to keep in mind is that you might not be able to do the medicals because of the x-ray requirement. You can't get your visa without the medicals, so if you can't or don't want to do the x-ray while pregnant then your application will have to wait until after the baby arrives.

But, if you get the visa then have the baby in the UK you'll have to apply for a separate child visa for the baby. It's relatively straight forward although you'd have to pay another visa fee.

If you get the visa then move to Oz and have the baby then the new baby would automatically get citizenship (because of your permanent visa).

In our case I had a baby while waiting for the visa application. I got the baby's passport, added it to the application and then went for medicals.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

The baby is due in July, we are not in a massive rush so we are happy to wait until the baby is born and then go for medicals.

I have sent my agent an email confiming that I am on the new 175 and not the old 136 as per my invoice from them.

Regards Jenni.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the baby is on the visa application, and TRA.

If not, you may have to wait until he is 18 !!!

New regs passed in January 2008

Wish you luck, and when ya get here, can I get a FRO?

p.s I was jesting about the baby !!

its 21 !
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:22 pm
Canuck/Aussie

You can't really include an unborn baby on the visa application (or TRA). You pretty much have to wait until it is born and then add it using a form.

On our application I did make mention of a baby due on a certain date, I just put a note in the column next to child #2 details. But I don't think there's much they can do with that. When the baby was born I sent in the form for change of circumstances and added the baby (also sent along copies of birth certificate and passport). Once you've done that they you can all go ahead and get your medicals together.

You should be all right time wise with the due date. The worst that will happen is they might ask for medicals before you have the baby. But you should have no problems waiting for the baby to finish everything off.

Good luck with everything, and congratulations on the baby!