I'm an Aussie!

Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of
Default I'm an Aussie!

Just got back from my Citizenship ceremony!

Will post an update in the Update Forum later but just wanted to let everyone know!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I'm an Aussie!

Well done!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:09 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that,no really i am
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I love your replies, Bernie!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:11 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
I love your replies, Bernie!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Will post an update in the Update Forum later but just wanted to let everyone know!
Congrats! Did you have Jamie Briggs doing his "Welcome to an exclusive club" speech?

Cheers

LG
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

congrats! me too, doesn't stop people constantly asking where I am from
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
Congrats! Did you have Jamie Briggs doing his "Welcome to an exclusive club" speech?

Cheers

LG
No, just Ann Ferguson. Jamie sent his apologies!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats. Did you get a nice plant?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Many congrats. Did you get a nice plant?
I did indeed. In fact between us we got three! 2 x Eremophila (one yellow, one pink) and one Grevillea (red). Just built our own house so will accept all free plants (except Agapanthus and you couldn't pay me to plant them!)
Old Jun 13th 2012, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dave99
congrats! me too, doesn't stop people constantly asking where I am from
I guess the accent is a giveaway! Congrats to you too. When was your ceremony?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:22 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congratulations

Just to give you the heads-up..... something they never told us, and we are now rushing around to get Australian Passports before the end of the month..... Once you become Citizens, all previous visas are cancelled. If you need to go overseas, you will need an Aussie Passport to get back in!

Got this from the passport department this week.

I am an Australian citizen but as I did not obtain an Australian passport before departing Australia, I am using my British passport whilst I am overseas. Do I have to apply for an Australian passport in order to return to Australia?
An Australian passport is conclusive evidence of a person's identity and citizenship, and provides the holder with unfettered right of entry to Australia.
International airlines have an obligation to ensure that they only carry appropriately documented passengers to Australia. In the absence of an Australian passport, airlines are unable to assess a person's claim to Australian citizenship at the time of check-in and may decline to carry the traveller. It would therefore be in your best interests to apply for an Australian passport to enable you to return to Australia
Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Got an appointment at the passport office tomorrow morning. Thanks for the info though.