Ikea?

Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:34 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ikea?

Was wondering if NZ had an Ikea or similar sort of furniture store Ive tried looking on the internet but dont seem to be having much luck
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:36 pm
earlswood

Hi Sky,

Don't know about NZ but they have Ikea in OZ

Earlswood

Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:37 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: Ikea?

Originally posted by sky
Was wondering if NZ had an Ikea or similar sort of furniture store Ive tried looking on the internet but dont seem to be having much luck
hi sky just looked at ask.co.uk for ikea furniture store new zealand and it says that they want the store but havent got one yet....or maybe wrong and missed summat...
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sky

NZ have 'Freedom Furniture' - it's an Aussie chain (www.freedom.com.au). It's very well priced and does all the same sort of stuff as Ikea - furniture, bed linen, curtains, blinds, bathroom accessories, kitchenware, glassware, outdoor furniture, vases, cushions, throws, table runners.....phew, you get the picture!

HP
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:50 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies I was just trying to work out if it was really worth us shipping all our tat to NZ and wanted to find out how much furniture was in NZ. I thought if I could find an Ikea or some similar store site I could compare prices
Old Nov 6th 2003, 8:51 pm
sky
Banned

Thanks Hiddenpaw Ill take a look at that
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

chris@insurance is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Unfortunately, Ikea isn't in NZ yet......

As mentioned in another post Freedom Furniture is an Ikea-like furniture retailer...it's quite similar to the store layout I recall from the US.

Unfortunately....in terms of NZ dollars..I find their goods relatively more expensive compared to Ikea in the US.

My girlfriend and I are in the middle of buying a house in coastal Christchurch and need more furnishings.

Me being the cheap scrooge I am we've visited nearly every furniture outlet in the region.

Target furniture(http://www.targetfurniture.co.nz/index.shtml) offers some very inexpensive furniture which seems to be of pretty good quality......I think we're likely to buy from them...some prices I recall(because they were so inexpensive compared to comparable stores/quality):

outdoor furniture(wood table and seating for 6): $495nz

dining room set(contemporary/conservative for 6): $1100nz

lounge suite sectional sofa(contemporary/conservative): $1800nz

We've been quite shocked to see the furniture prices in Harvey Norman.....lounge suites or dining room sets for $4000-7000nz+

Hope it helps....
Old Nov 7th 2003, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the post Chris! Very useful! We are trying to decide what to sell and what to bring at the moment so it is good to know there are cheaper options out there! Thanks again.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:19 am
sky
Banned

Originally posted by chris@insurance
Unfortunately, Ikea isn't in NZ yet......

As mentioned in another post Freedom Furniture is an Ikea-like furniture retailer...it's quite similar to the store layout I recall from the US.

Unfortunately....in terms of NZ dollars..I find their goods relatively more expensive compared to Ikea in the US.

My girlfriend and I are in the middle of buying a house in coastal Christchurch and need more furnishings.

Me being the cheap scrooge I am we've visited nearly every furniture outlet in the region.

Target furniture(http://www.targetfurniture.co.nz/index.shtml) offers some very inexpensive furniture which seems to be of pretty good quality......I think we're likely to buy from them...some prices I recall(because they were so inexpensive compared to comparable stores/quality):

outdoor furniture(wood table and seating for 6): $495nz

dining room set(contemporary/conservative for 6): $1100nz

lounge suite sectional sofa(contemporary/conservative): $1800nz

We've been quite shocked to see the furniture prices in Harvey Norman.....lounge suites or dining room sets for $4000-7000nz+

Hope it helps....
Thanks Chris
Its going to cost 3k to ship all our stuff over and we're not taking the white goods or tvs, so I really wonder if it is worth it. Then there's the quarantine charges I have just found out when it all reaches NZ....even now while Im typing this I still cant make up my mind ...
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out some of the sites listed in the Shopping section at www.benz1.com to get an idea of prices.

Incidentally, apparently the IKEA in London will ship stuff to NZ. I assume the one in Australia will too?

Ben
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

chris@insurance is an unknown quantity at this point

If Ikea does ship I think they have a store in Brisbane

I know it's a tough choice....best of luck....and if you do decide to buy in NZ...let me know and I can share what my partner and I decide on if it helps

Cheers,

Chris