iinet

Old Sep 12th 2005, 1:21 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough
Default iinet

Hi, Thinking about changing our broadband supplier, and wondered if anybody uses iinet They have a download speed of 12000 instead of the usual 256 512 or even 1500, so obviously are considerably faaster than a lot of ISPs. Just wondered if anybody had it, and how it was, or do any other companies have the 12000 download speed available to domestic customers.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 1:24 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iinet

Originally Posted by sandradee
Hi, Thinking about changing our broadband supplier, and wondered if anybody uses iinet They have a download speed of 12000 instead of the usual 256 512 or even 1500, so obviously are considerably faaster than a lot of ISPs. Just wondered if anybody had it, and how it was, or do any other companies have the 12000 download speed available to domestic customers.
dont know about iinet but aanet i use , offer fast download, and have been great. I know a few other people that use them too.

I think they have some referral programme on to get 5$ off a month or something if you want it pm me and i'll look for it. They have 6mth offers and two packages which are really cheap are 512sp and 256sp but I also thinkg they have a 1500sp which is another cheap offer for high b/w.

I cant remember waht Ive got now but I started on 256sp and now Ive gota job the company pay so upgraded it to the highest one they did ;-)
Old Sep 12th 2005, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

you only get 12000kbs if your exchange is dslam enabled and you have to have a modem that can handle that speed

and another thing to think about is the person or server you are downloading off, what speed are they uploading to you i recon 150kbs is prob the max

does it make internt surfing any quicker (prob not)

still iinet is leading the isp's in australia but i would have a look at TPG as there plans are quite good

have a look at this website

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

i have iinet and have found them very good
Old Sep 12th 2005, 11:47 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with iinet and been very happy with them after my initial experience with Hellstra.

When I first phoned up the sales person knew their products well and even offered advice on the installation fees and ways to beat the 24 month contract/ $0 installation rules.

Was hooked up very quickly, got email and phone call to say I was all connected, even ran through modem settings with me despite not buying modem from them.

Had one loss of service, tech support were again v good, knowlegable, friendly and didn't treat me like a retard. Said twice they would investigate further and phone back and did. Turned out to be a Telstra line fault (funny that) which took five days to get fixed. iinet phoned about an hour after I found I could get back on line to let me know it was fixed.

The high speeds quoted, as mentioned above are only if iinet have installed their dslam equipment in a local exchange. There is a list of those that have been upgraded on their website.

All in all very happy with them.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:24 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
I'm with iinet and been very happy with them after my initial experience with Hellstra.

When I first phoned up the sales person knew their products well and even offered advice on the installation fees and ways to beat the 24 month contract/ $0 installation rules.

Was hooked up very quickly, got email and phone call to say I was all connected, even ran through modem settings with me despite not buying modem from them.

Had one loss of service, tech support were again v good, knowlegable, friendly and didn't treat me like a retard. Said twice they would investigate further and phone back and did. Turned out to be a Telstra line fault (funny that) which took five days to get fixed. iinet phoned about an hour after I found I could get back on line to let me know it was fixed.

The high speeds quoted, as mentioned above are only if iinet have installed their dslam equipment in a local exchange. There is a list of those that have been upgraded on their website.

All in all very happy with them.
A good post, sounds like an excellent service, our contract with another ISP expires next month, and I think we will be going with iinet.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:27 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, I'm with iinet. Good service so far. When we had probs initially, the tech support was fab (especially compared to Virgin, our supplier back in Blighty). Surfing is quick, uploads and downloads are at speeds I'm happy with. All in all, I would recommend...... but obviously haven't experienced any others!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bussie
you only get 12000kbs if your exchange is dslam enabled and you have to have a modem that can handle that speed

and another thing to think about is the person or server you are downloading off, what speed are they uploading to you i recon 150kbs is prob the max

does it make internt surfing any quicker (prob not)

still iinet is leading the isp's in australia but i would have a look at TPG as there plans are quite good

have a look at this website

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/

i have iinet and have found them very good
It's the same in the UK 8Mb (& I think 24Mb now) is available but the coverage is still very limited at the moment.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:00 am
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the advice, I think we will give then a go.