Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

cost of living comparison chart

cost of living comparison chart

Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default cost of living comparison chart

Does anybody know where i can find one of these on the net, ive seen one where it converts your salary from what you earn to what you need to earn in the place your going (cant find it now).

ie cost of renting, beer (of course), bread things like that.

Also how does tax work like council tax in the UK, mine is a fortune in the UK so a comparison on that would be very useful.

thanks
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:01 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: cost of living comparison chart

Originally Posted by kevinm
Does anybody know where i can find one of these on the net, ive seen one where it converts your salary from what you earn to what you need to earn in the place your going (cant find it now).

Also how does tax work like council tax in the UK, mine is a fortune in the UK so a comparison on that would be very useful.

thanks
Just on the council tax aspect, we are paying about a third of what we paid in the Uk and here we have a bigger house.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:07 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Just on the council tax aspect, we are paying about a third of what we paid in the Uk and here we have a bigger house.
Do you have to pay it all up front or can you pay on an instalment basis like the UK council tax?

S
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Thats what i wanted to hear, I guess it probably differs from state to state ?
Hopefully I will be going to Brisbane
Old Sep 11th 2005, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinm

thanks
Heres the conversion calculator

http://www.gomatilda.co.uk/calculator/index.cfm
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:07 am
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Do you have to pay it all up front or can you pay on an instalment basis like the UK council tax?

S
you can pay quarterly....