Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If You Don't Like It Go Home

If You Don't Like It Go Home

Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:29 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If You Don't Like It Go Home

Originally Posted by MDawson
They really do have the army running round in the bush within a very short distance from several hundred houses.
The houses are all squashed into a tiny space which shouldn't be the case in Australia, we got burgled there and found a big red belly brown snake in the garage ...called out the snake catcher....all true honest.
Did you not know about the Army base before you moved here?

We did and it doesn't bother us at all in our 'tiny' squashed space (4 bed, 2 bath,2 car garage etc with room in the gardens for at least 1 pool when we get round to putting one in, huge alfresco and neighbours on 3 sides but 4 times further away than in our HUGE 3 bed, 1 bath, 0 garage terraced house that was burgled 3 times in 6 months back in the UK).

Loz x
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:18 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen these stickers. And t-shirts. And yes, they're bad manners. I feel offended every time I see one. If I didn't have family ties and I could afford to leave, I would.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 2:39 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I don't like Australia. There are too many vowels for my liking.
You should move to Croatia, then. You could live on Krk.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissybee
I have seen these stickers. And t-shirts. And yes, they're bad manners. I feel offended every time I see one. If I didn't have family ties and I could afford to leave, I would.
It is very hard to return and it wasn't financially wise , not due to difference in wages or cost of living , it's just a massive financial drain to return ,
however I am now very satisfied that I made the big move home.

I'm sure there are many more like yourself, Australia isn't a pleasant place for everyone.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

MDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of lightMDawson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by loz
Did you not know about the Army base before you moved here?

We did and it doesn't bother us at all in our 'tiny' squashed space (4 bed, 2 bath,2 car garage etc with room in the gardens for at least 1 pool when we get round to putting one in, huge alfresco and neighbours on 3 sides but 4 times further away than in our HUGE 3 bed, 1 bath, 0 garage terraced house that was burgled 3 times in 6 months back in the UK).

Loz x
Thats nice for you , I'm sure your home is not too squashy , the army base is not so bad , suppose they have to practise someplace.
Springfield lakes is fine honestly , I had bigger issues than Springfield Lakes (As you are probably aware reading this thread)
I like the Thai Restaurant near the pub , that's excellent.

Sorry I didn't mean to have a pop at you.

We lived on Viewpoint Drive up behind the pub.
Cheers

Last edited by MDawson; Apr 14th 2010 at 5:34 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
How is that different to those who rubbish the UK in order to validate their move to Australia?....and to ease their anxiety about it being the right thing ......you see plenty of that on here.
I agree, very wise words,

Thank You.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paularn
Oh bwahahahaha...too funny!

Do NOT assume anything! I'm NOT new to Australia. And I AM a dual Canadian/Australian citizen - so yes I fit right in with the Aussies and I'm bloody proud of it too . Australia is a great country, even if you think differently!

BTW - I'll take that smarty pants label - thanks! Because I AM smart!

And the comment of how I'm a poor example for Canadians - oooooo ouch! Hurt my feelings - NOT!!!

As someone else mentioned - you are getting all twisted up and started this thread over a sticker on a car! Good on ya!
Child.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

How is that different to those who rubbish the UK in order to validate their move to Australia?....and to ease their anxiety about it being the right thing ......you see plenty of that on here.
It isn't different - and people do. I suspect that some just knock their circumstances and have every reason to do so - in both countries.

However the OP has yet again confirmed it for me.

He was living in a suburban wastezone so his impressions do not surprise me. It's difficult to know in advance, I know, but many wull never learn and will continue to make the same mistakes.

There's a lesson here!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MDawson
Child.
Calling me names hahahaha I expected no less...so here's mine for you starting with an "A" and ending in and "E"....you fill in the blanks!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

In your opinion
Yes that is right in MY opinion it is. I'm also not on here starting threads pushing down everyone's throats MY opinion either.

I'm quite happy here, even if there are quite a few that are not.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It isn't different - and people do. I suspect that some just knock their circumstances and have every reason to do so - in both countries.

However the OP has yet again confirmed it for me.

He was living in a suburban wastezone so his impressions do not surprise me. It's difficult to know in advance, I know, but many wull never learn and will continue to make the same mistakes.

There's a lesson here!
Don't say that to loz , she will be offended and rightly so , whoops !
Springfield Lakes Wasn't that bad , it's the over-jingoistic Aussies or wana be Aussies that were rather irritating.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Calling me names hahahaha I expected no less...so here's mine for you starting with an "A" and ending in and "E"....you fill in the blanks!
Abacinate? Abalone?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Very nice, arn't we a little upset...calm down , we all have opinions on here thats the idea. I'm a British/Australian citizen and I'm proud of the British side of my dual nationality but I find it childish to shout about it , being too brash and over-patriotic can look a bit Arrogant , it's not a good quality to blow ones trumpet too much....causes bad feelings.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Paula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the roughPaula31 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Abacinate? Abalone?
Hee Hee Agree?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula31
Hee Hee Agree?
Applecake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.