Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

If offered a job in Caboolture...

If offered a job in Caboolture...

Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default If offered a job in Caboolture...

...where would you live? I've heard that the town itself isn't so flash.

My partner is likely to have to find work in Brisbane, so I guess the northern suburbs might have to be a compromise and I could commute against the traffic/crowded trains. But my understanding is that most of the northern suburbs aren't great either.

We would be renting in the short-medium term, and not looking to spend more than about $400 a week.

Thanks for any tips
Old Feb 21st 2013, 1:02 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If offered a job in Caboolture...

Originally Posted by DC10
We would be renting in the short-medium term, and not looking to spend more than about $400 a week.

Thanks for any tips
Might want to up the budget.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 2:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My partner is likely to have to find work in Brisbane, so I guess the northern suburbs might have to be a compromise and I could commute against the traffic/crowded trains. But my understanding is that most of the northern suburbs aren't great either.

Thanks for any tips
Depends what you define as "great" I suppose, but most of the northern suburbs of Brisbane are fine by general standards. Search by name on here and you will find views on most of them
Old Feb 21st 2013, 7:37 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any tips
You're right not to want to live in Caboolture.

Unless it's changed in the three years since we moved from that part of the world, the Bruce Hwy does tend to busy in both directions around there, so you might want to look at somewhere that you could travel up to Caboolture off the Hwy that is on the train line for your wife to get into Brisbane.

We have friends who live in Narangba and really love it there so perhaps somewhere around there? I don't know if that's far enough south for your purposes.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for any tips

I would add another $100 onto that for renting, check out wilston, Newmarket, ash grove, chermside, aspley, bald hills, Carseldine, to get you started.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for any tips
I've got a mate that lives in Morayfield, he pays $350 a week for a brand new 3 bed lowset brick in a quiet cu de sac. Might be worth a look in the short term while you decide where you want to live.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

...get a banjo to fit in
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Try Burpengary about 15 mins drive away or 2 stop away on train & it's totally different to caboolture has a real nice village feel to it & you can find rental property for your budget,
We lived there for 2 years loved the area would highly recommend it.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:47 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
...get a banjo to fit in
There are usually complimentary Banjo's in with the rental package.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the advice everyone - the offer has finally come through (albeit still an oral one!) and it looks like I will be starting up there on the 25th. Gotta love these tiny Aussie notice periods... no such thing as three months around here!

Can anyone advise what the rush hour traffic would be like between Caloundra/Maroochydore and Caboolture - are there traffic problems on the Coast per se or only closer to Brisbane?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

justcantwait will become famous soon enoughjustcantwait will become famous soon enough

My son used to drive from Sippy downs to Caboolture everyday. He used to leave early 6/ 6.30, takes about 30/40 mins i think. Sippy is close to the Bruce so was good for travelling down. He now lives in Northlakes with his gf. As long as there isnt an accident you are just going with the flow of traffic. I wouldnt live in Caboolture, have friends in Narangba, much nicer place.

Old Jun 12th 2013, 11:33 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the advice everyone - the offer has finally come through (albeit still an oral one!) and it looks like I will be starting up there on the 25th. Gotta love these tiny Aussie notice periods... no such thing as three months around here!

Can anyone advise what the rush hour traffic would be like between Caloundra/Maroochydore and Caboolture - are there traffic problems on the Coast per se or only closer to Brisbane?
hey DC - caloundra to caboolture 35-40 mins easy drive, come off at either donnybrook or the caboollture/bribie turnoff