Ieaus Cdr

Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:26 pm
mark1

mark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant future
Default Ieaus Cdr

Hello all

Been a good couple of months for people on the forum getting positive assessments and visa acceptances. Making me jealous. Oh well must struggle on.

Just a quick one if anyone can help. I should qualify for the Sydney Accord from my HND Civil Engineering and have completed a CDR as I want to get into WA as a civil engineering design draughtsman but what do the IE AUS want as payment? Around $250 for Sydney Accord assessment and $450 for CDR check? I have asked previously but the response was abysmal (almost a bad as my spelling sometimes).

Has anyone done a Sydney Accord application with or without a CDR and if so what did you pay. Am thinking of sending them two cheques and asking them to choose which one is correct but more than likely they will take the fatter one.

Cheers for the advice
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ieaus Cdr

Originally Posted by mark1
Hello all

Been a good couple of months for people on the forum getting positive assessments and visa acceptances. Making me jealous. Oh well must struggle on.

Just a quick one if anyone can help. I should qualify for the Sydney Accord from my HND Civil Engineering and have completed a CDR as I want to get into WA as a civil engineering design draughtsman but what do the IE AUS want as payment? Around $250 for Sydney Accord assessment and $450 for CDR check? I have asked previously but the response was abysmal (almost a bad as my spelling sometimes).

Has anyone done a Sydney Accord application with or without a CDR and if so what did you pay. Am thinking of sending them two cheques and asking them to choose which one is correct but more than likely they will take the fatter one.

Cheers for the advice

Are you doing a self application/assessment or using an Agent?

As far as civil eng/ Sydney accord etc goes, I thought this to be secondary after initial skills assessment has been passed.

I'm in civil engineering myself , but came through as construction project manangement in 1999.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:48 pm
mark1

mark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant futuremark1 has a brilliant future

Hi Muzza

Doing it myself. On the IE AUS website it does not say anything about skills assessment first that I can see. Just confusion on the payment side of things. Tell you one thing getting this CDR done is one hell of a mission as everyone says but worth it in the end though. What the civils industry like over there at the moment? I'm in rail over here in the UK but the only way I can get into Ozz is through the STNI Visa through WA and into Perth.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Hi Muzza

Doing it myself. On the IE AUS website it does not say anything about skills assessment first that I can see. Just confusion on the payment side of things. Tell you one thing getting this CDR done is one hell of a mission as everyone says but worth it in the end though. What the civils industry like over there at the moment? I'm in rail over here in the UK but the only way I can get into Ozz is through the STNI Visa through WA and into Perth.

CAD civil darfting is in high demand here in Perth. Loads of work.

Keep plugging away
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

If you do a CDR then you pay for CDR.

If you were applying through Sydney Accord it would mean your qualifcation is accredited and you don't need to do a CDR.

From my understanding you do one or the other - not both. (unless I've lost the plot )

Hello all

Cheers for the advice