NEW MODL out

Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:40 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold
Default NEW MODL out

Just learnt from Agent that skill is now on the MODL - however we applied in nov under 138 - agent has suggested we changed visa type to 136, which will leave us short by 5 points but if we secure a job offer we are in. Can anyone confirm what this means? Will it cost us more money to reapply? Do we then go to the back of the MODL queue? And finally how likely is it to get a job offer (non contractual) from this side of the pond? Does anyone know any bakeries in Perth that need a damn fine baker!!

Any advice would be appreciated

Hoops (mrs)
Old Apr 2nd 2006, 9:51 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW MODL out

Originally Posted by hoops
Just learnt from Agent that skill is now on the MODL - however we applied in nov under 138 - agent has suggested we changed visa type to 136, which will leave us short by 5 points but if we secure a job offer we are in. Can anyone confirm what this means? Will it cost us more money to reapply? Do we then go to the back of the MODL queue? And finally how likely is it to get a job offer (non contractual) from this side of the pond?

138 and 136 are in a different visa class so as far as I know you cannot change unless you reapply from scratch (and pay a new fee).
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
138 and 136 are in a different visa class so as far as I know you cannot change unless you reapply from scratch (and pay a new fee).
I would think this far down the track its better to leave it. Also it can sometimes be difficult to secure employment whilst still in UK. The only difference would be that you wouldnt have to pay bond and have an AOS. Up to you of course.

Jo
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:27 pm
Living & Loving in Perth

hoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to beholdhoops is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Thanks for your reply - really don't know what to do - the problem we have is that our AOS is an Olymic Rower and is out of the country (Perth) at World Championships from mid April onwards coming back September!!!!!!!!!

It also doesn't help that we don't have a CO yet to ask if the AOS can be brought forward - if this kind of thing is possible??!!!

I NEED HELP :scared:

Hoops (mrs)