Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I thought things were going too well...

I thought things were going too well...

Old May 12th 2004, 5:01 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough
Default I thought things were going too well...

Just had the wind taken out of my sails re my fiance visa app.

Everything was submitted some time ago, but there was a prob lem with my police check (they'd spelt my name wrong!). I was asked to get another, and was given 28 days to do so or they'd consider my application without it. Great i thought, I'll get a decision in just over a month. I got the new police check and off it went within the 28 days.

I hadn't heard anything so i sent a quick e-mail asking when I might hear (I know, I know, I shouldn't have done this) anyway, I got a reply saying that these things now have a 4 month turnaround!! Another 4 months! I'm gutted, I really thought I'd be hearing anytime now! My own fault I know but......

I've tried searching for more info on here, but its all a bit vague on fiance visas. Does anyone have any recent experience of how long it took them to hear after everything was definately in?

As ever, any help appreciated.
Old May 12th 2004, 6:11 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I thought things were going too well...

Lately front-loaded straight forward applications in London have been granted in a matter of weeks! Don't panic too much I think thats their standard reply to emails just to cover themselves
Old May 12th 2004, 6:18 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hope so. Another 4 months will drive me mad! (der)

Thanks BKate.
Old May 12th 2004, 8:09 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose
Hope so. Another 4 months will drive me mad! (der)

Thanks BKate.
Yeah, that is there standard reply. Officially it is 4 months.

Unfortunetly for WBB, his did actually take about that long. But that really is an exception.
Now, if yours now also takes 4 months, that'll be a warning to not email them to ask how long!
Or it could be because of the extra complications: WBB had to send in extra stuff, and you had to get the pcc again.

But, I really think that it'll be shorter than that.