Reload this Page >

I Think We Are Sorted!!!

I Think We Are Sorted!!!

Old May 20th 2003, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Think We Are Sorted!!!

Hi All,
To those who are unfamiliar with any of my postings, let's just say we have been a little unlucky with regards to our quest to get to OZ. Problems with visas and the house sale have been numerous!

This morning however, we recieved a job offer, we are set to exchange contracts next week, so fingers crossed we could be there in 4-5 weeks.

To all those still waiting for whatever! Good Luck.

Gary&Clare
Old May 20th 2003, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point

Spot on mate .

Good luck to you - I also had good news today

PCC will arrive by saturday which means i can send off my front end loaded application for spouse visa by next Monday.

Looking at 29th July to fly out of UK. Thats in hope that nothing goes wrong!!!

Anyway - well done mate, all the best

Anthony
Old May 20th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Gary and Clare

Good luck for next week. It sounds like you're almost there!

Fingers crossed!
Old May 20th 2003, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Think We Are Sorted!!!

I think Clare is the one who works as a radiologist isn't she? Just wondering whereabouts the job offer was that you decided to take.

Anyway congratulations on making progress.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Vicky,
Radiographer not Radiologist,Radiologist is a doctor unfortunately! Promotion would be nice. Thanks for the reply, the position is in Rockhampton, we have had varied reports about the place, some good, some bad! However Yepoon is about 25 mins away so I think we are going to rent there, near Great Keppel Island, supposed to be beautiful. Rockhampton has a population of around 70 K, so we should be able to get everything we need as far as city life is concerned, however the costs are much cheaper than the big cities. Looked on the net at 3 bed house, garden, decking and spacious, $190 pw..... The place might not be for everybody, but we will give it a go, see what happens. Probably look at ENS sponsored as soon as we arrive.... If we like it of course!

Thanks for your interest People !!

Old May 20th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

Good attitude, go and see if you like the place, if not, you are not committed there for a life sentence.

Hope it all works out.
Old May 20th 2003, 8:19 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I spent a few weeks in Rocky

Its a nice town, quite rough in a few areas, so make sure u do your research if you do end up living in town. There are plenty of quieter, friendlier parts too so you'll be fine.

Wonderful coastline up that way Id certainly live there!
Old May 20th 2003, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your reply, we have heard Rocky isn't the prettiest place to live and have been told that a lot of the employees live in Yepoon, any comments? Rocky will also be good for me I am a butcher by trade, have a degree in Food Industry Management, and some sales training, would like to get back into the meat game, in sales though not butchering again... Too much like hard graft. I believe Rocky describes itself as the Australian Beef capital!

It is really helpful to hear from people who know Rocky, thanks again for your reply, any other info would be great!!

Good Luck With your and everybody else's move!!

Gary&Clare