I need tesco

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need tesco

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer
Quite agree Scossie. If you can't adapt to shopping at a different supermarket or having to shop 'the old fashioned way' (separate butcher, baker, greengrocer,off licence) then what chance have you got of adapting to Australian life in general?
I can see the opportunity for a whole range of business opportunities for those who have difficulty adapting to another country...

"Good Morning Jim's Taps....

Oh you cant find the tap in the garage?.....

We'll send someone round straight away to help you!" (I can hear Arkon coming in on this one )

"Good Morning Jim's Water.....

Oh you cant find chunky bits in your water....

.... and the kitchen spout doesn't spray all over the place....

.... and the shower doesnt spray all over the place......

.... and the boiler has real pressure....

We'll send someone round straight away to help you!"

"Good Morning Jim's Parking.....

Oh your having difficulty parking the car on the side of the road in the direction of the traffic......."

"Good Morning Jim's Seasons....

Oh you've just moved to Brisbane....

... and you've just found out there wont be a white Christmas there this year while your having a BBQ on the beach........."

WW
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Snags are sausages but the only snag is they taste like shite. I've not had a good tasting sausage since I got here. Maybe they don't add sawdust over here.
Safeway do an English sausage. they are $6 for a tray of about 6. They taste great for a treat.

Why do they taste so different anyway

I would like trolleys to have brakes fitted here.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
I can see the opportunity for a whole range of business opportunities for those who have difficulty adapting to another country...

We'll send someone round straight away to help you!" (I can hear Arkon coming in on this one )

Oh your having difficulty parking the car on the side of the road in the direction of the traffic......."

... and you've just found out there wont be a white Christmas there this year while your having a BBQ on the beach........."

WW
One of the things I am most looking forward to.... is going to small shops that sell only the thing that they know about (meat, alcohol, veggies, bread) instead of a whole range of stuff I don't want or need.... I HATE large supermarkets ...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:17 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Safeway do an English sausage. they are $6 for a tray of about 6. They taste great for a treat.

Why do they taste so different anyway

I would like trolleys to have brakes fitted here.
I bought some fantastic spicey snags from Footscray market last weekend
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:29 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rab
Sorry Stef the supermarkets are very poor here by comparison. There are no: -

Ready meals, especially no Tesco's Finest
Cheap petrol stations
Alcohol
Speedy checkouts (they call them registers here and you just have to wait your turn)
Self-scan checkouts (can you imagine it here - I don't think it would work!)
No Walkers crisps, no Opal Fruits, no Tunnock's wafer biscuits, no Toffee Crisps.....

Welcome to Australia!
Opal fruits are now called starburst and you can get them in the supermarkets here.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 8:56 pm
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by stef
Couldnt really find any big supermarkets whilst in Brisbane. We know theres woolworths and coles but in comparison with the uk tesco s and asda s we felt pretty limited foodwise. Talked to a few aussies about it but they didnt know what we were on about! Were we expecting too much.
gfkgd
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:08 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I need Tesco's too but their website seems to have crashed so I will have to go to Sainsbury's.
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:10 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I need Tesco's too but their website seems to have crashed so I will have to go to Sainsbury's.
Sainsburys is much better, hello
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
Sainsburys is much better, hello
Lidls even better, you never know what your gonna get in the tins. Its like a big bag of revels
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW

LOL....if I were drinking coffee then I would have spurt it all over the place!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Having spent the last 3 weks in the UK, I can honestly say that I ADORE Sainsburys, Tesco and Asda! The thought of going back to Pick'n'Pay and BiLo next week fills me with dread
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I think everyone should just eat out, shopping and cooking is so boooooing...
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:25 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scossie
Here we go again with another moanathon thread about supermarkets!

This is Australia!!
The UK, and UK shops / shopping ways, & general lifestyle are on the other side of the bloody planet!!!

In Australia, things are done the Australian way!!
Get used to it!
Immigrants like ourselves have absolutely no right to "expect" it to be any other way.

52% of the worlds population have never made or received a phone call, and people come on here and whinge about missing a favourite ready meal, or the terrible inconvenience of having to visit more than one shop, etc etc!

Get some perspective, and get a bloody grip...!!!
Hear Hear!!!

Personally I much prefer the Coles/Safeways here in Melbourne to the overcrowed warehouses masquerading as supermarkets in the UK.

No lazy, er I mean ready meals.... Aussies don't want them, the reason UK supermarkets have to be so big is to fit in 50 aisles of pre packed processed crap that has more nutritional value in the cardboard wrapper than what's inside. How long does it take to peel a few spuds and boil them and chuck a nice fresh piece of meat under the grill anyway?

No cheap petrol stations onsite.... different country, they do it differently here, aint gonna change because a few Poms complain. In Melbourne it is very rare to have to go more than a block to the nearest Shell/Coles Express petrol station where you can use your discount voucher. How inconvenient though having to stop twice tsk tsk

Speedy Checkouts.... Every Coles or Safeway I've ever been in has a row of '12 items or less' tills, maybe they should have a 'UK Passport holders only' till just so as not to inconvenience the immigrants, complete with a choice of Tesco or Sainsbury carrier bags of course. The Coles at Caroline Springs and a few others I've seen have self serve checkouts.

No Walkers crisps, no Opal Fruits, no Tunnock's wafer biscuits, no Toffee Crisps.... IT'S NOT THE BL**DY UK!!!!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Hear Hear!!!

Personally I much prefer the Coles/Safeways here in Melbourne to the overcrowed warehouses masquerading as supermarkets in the UK.

No lazy, er I mean ready meals.... Aussies don't want them, the reason UK supermarkets have to be so big is to fit in 50 aisles of pre packed processed crap that has more nutritional value in the cardboard wrapper than what's inside. How long does it take to peel a few spuds and boil them and chuck a nice fresh piece of meat under the grill anyway?

No cheap petrol stations onsite.... different country, they do it differently here, aint gonna change because a few Poms complain. In Melbourne it is very rare to have to go more than a block to the nearest Shell/Coles Express petrol station where you can use your discount voucher. How inconvenient though having to stop twice tsk tsk

Speedy Checkouts.... Every Coles or Safeway I've ever been in has a row of '12 items or less' tills, maybe they should have a 'UK Passport holders only' till just so as not to inconvenience the immigrants, complete with a choice of Tesco or Sainsbury carrier bags of course. The Coles at Caroline Springs and a few others I've seen have self serve checkouts.

No Walkers crisps, no Opal Fruits, no Tunnock's wafer biscuits, no Toffee Crisps.... IT'S NOT THE BL**DY UK!!!!!!!
I don't see ready meals as lazy just convenient for the modern family, especially when both parents have to work to pay the huge mortgages. Often you only get to see each other for 2 hours a day and most have better things to do than be rolling out pastry to bake a family sized pie!!
It is so much more convenient to buy a box of frozen Kiev's for a couple of pounds than buy a couple of Kiev's for an extortionate $'s at a butchers.
We know it's not the UK but there is nothing wrong with discussing the things you miss in life as well as the things you enjoy. Unless you are meant to surpress it all and become dependant on Prozac!

Last edited by woodyinoz; Nov 4th 2005 at 12:16 am.
Old Nov 4th 2005, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Hear Hear!!!

Unload your Jim's UK Style Ready Meals

from your Jim's UK Style Shopping Trolley at the

Jim's UK Passport Holders Only Checkout Aisles where the Jim's Robotic Checkout Chic only accepts £'s.

Steve? Oh Steve. I have this business idea...

WW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.