Reload this Page >

I need medical help!!!

I need medical help!!!

Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need medical help!!!

This is the situation so far..........

Our Step-son is spending the summer with us. He is here from America for 6 weeks, and has already been here 3.

Our agent told us a few months ago that it would be no problem to get his medicals sorted out whilst he is here, even though they haven't been requested yet seeing as with not yet applied and are still sorting out work history etc.....

However, we got in touch today with agent to find out which doc's we can use and he said we need to get the right paperwork from Aus to give to the doctor!!!!

We are now in a tiz because that might take weeks to come through and we've only got 3. Why our agent couldn't have told us this months back I don't know.

So....... my question is. Is the paperwork a standard form which we could down load, photocopy someone elses, etc, or should it have our name on, so its all official like.

Does anyone have a blank copy they could photocopy and send us???

Can anyone give us some advice on how now to go about this? Especially those who front loaded their visa.

Cheers
Tazzy

Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need medical help!!!

Originally posted by Tazzy
This is the situation so far..........

Our Step-son is spending the summer with us. He is here from America for 6 weeks, and has already been here 3.

Our agent told us a few months ago that it would be no problem to get his medicals sorted out whilst he is here, even though they haven't been requested yet seeing as with not yet applied and are still sorting out work history etc.....

However, we got in touch today with agent to find out which doc's we can use and he said we need to get the right paperwork from Aus to give to the doctor!!!!

We are now in a tiz because that might take weeks to come through and we've only got 3. Why our agent couldn't have told us this months back I don't know.

So....... my question is. Is the paperwork a standard form which we could down load, photocopy someone elses, etc, or should it have our name on, so its all official like.

Does anyone have a blank copy they could photocopy and send us???

Can anyone give us some advice on how now to go about this? Especially those who front loaded their visa.

Cheers
Tazzy

Assume they mean the bog standard form everyone takes to the doctor. Go on AHC site and e-mail them asking for a copy. You should receive it within a couple of days. Unfortunately they don't have it as a download. Will he need x-rays as well. If so you will also need to request the radiologist report.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 4:43 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Medical Help

Tazzy

Not sure if this will help but give it a try....

I obtained my husbands (we were applying for a spouse visa) medical and x-ray forms from the Australian High Commission in London - tel: 020 7379 4334.... Try ringing them and asking for help

Also here is a link to the panel doctors you can use in the UK...

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/DOCTORS.PDF

Good luck - Let me know how you get on!!

Sam
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Some of the panel doctors hold the forms.......have a ring round
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

We front loaded, but got our forms sent from our agent.

Hope everything works out for you and yours.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. Shall phone around and send some emails first thing.

Tazzy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

jana1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical forms

You can order your medical forms here:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html

I put in the email that I needed them urgently and I got them seven days later...

good luck
Jana
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Not that we needed them - but our panel doctor had the forms and a nice little production line of us going....!
Old Jul 15th 2004, 10:27 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: medical forms

Originally posted by jana1
You can order your medical forms here:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html

I put in the email that I needed them urgently and I got them seven days later...

good luck
Jana
I requested mine 3 months ago and they still haven;t arived, Fortunately my friendly (and very rich) panel doctor had a couple of spares.

Kala
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: medical forms

Well I just thought I'd let you all know that we are SORTED!!! :

Had a hell of a time this morning with a snotty receptionist, who wouldn't help us one bit. I'll name and shame....... Dr Million, 11 St Johns Street , Manchester. Don't bother giving your money to them as they are well up their own backsides!!!

Anyway, after emailing the AHC to beg them to send out some forms asap and took another look at the DOC'S approved list and saw one in Wrexham, about an hours drive away from us.

I phoned and explained our situation and the receptionist their was more than helpful!!! She booked us in on the 19th July and also said she'd send out the forms today!!!!

Thank god for the Welsh!!!

Good luck to everyone else fighting the battle of red tape and snotty receptionists.

Tazzy
Old Jul 16th 2004, 1:09 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Glad to see you are all sorted!! Good luck!!

Cheers

Sam & Andy
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:37 am
Just Joined

karlyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tazzy,

we are just sorting the meds out now,how was the meds in Wrexham,we had been looking at Dr Miliion in Manny but after your experience !!

Wrexham would be good for us,we go to Wales often.If you dont mind us asking ,how much were they ,weve 2 adults and 2 kids under 10,so we could do to get them done during the 6week hols.
Many thanks
karlyb