Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I hear noises ...

I hear noises ...

Old Sep 20th 2005, 11:53 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default I hear noises ...

Weird huh, just into spring, and its been quiet at night for a few months...

Now im deafened by cicadas and frogs n toads...

I love Oz.

Speakin of Cicadas..

was workin in sunnybank just before xmas, and was gerrin sum tools outta truck, and felt rain..

I looked up at sky, and BLUE !! no clouds... i mumbled on, rain drops again....

20 mins later and 3 visits back to truck, noticed each time i got rain, was next to this bush... i looked and it was cicadas pissin on me ffs

they are HUGE !!

dirty buggers
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:06 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I hear noises ...

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au

I love Oz.

Speakin of Cicadas..

was workin in sunnybank just before xmas, and was gerrin sum tools outta truck, and felt rain..

20 mins later and 3 visits back to truck, noticed each time i got rain, was next to this bush... i looked and it was cicadas pissin on me ffs

they are HUGE !!

dirty buggers
Lmao, that is hilarious - although I have no idea what a Cicadas is, it still made me laugh
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:09 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clippy
Lmao, that is hilarious - although I have no idea what a Cicadas is, it still made me laugh
LOL

Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:11 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Really, is that one? It doesn't look very big?!? Or are you very very small
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

A distant cousin of the dreaded drop bear! :scared:

http://www.amonline.net.au/factsheets/cicada.htm

WW
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:12 pm
Banned

Really, is that one? It doesn't look very big?!? Or are you very very small
http://www.cicadamania.net/weblog7.html

Oh yer im dead small Pffttttt
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:18 pm

http://www.cicadamania.net/weblog7.html

Oh yer im dead small Pffttttt
Lol, ok so they're huge for an insect :scared: Do they fly at you? Or generally just urinate lol
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Anyone know the thing about popping them under your collar and them returning hours later???......or was i being wound up
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:21 pm
Banned

Lol, ok so they're huge for an insect :scared: Do they fly at you? Or generally just urinate lol
they are them things you hear at night chirpin..

and yer they just PISS onya

must be KIWI in origin
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:23 pm

they are them things you hear at night chirpin..

and yer they just PISS onya

must be KIWI in origin
Only thing we hear at night here is the young couple having a bost up on their way home from the pub and screaming and shouting on our front garden!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:30 pm
Banned

Only thing we hear at night here is the young couple having a bost up on their way home from the pub and screaming and shouting on our front garden!
We couldnt hear our neighbours if we tried

400 mtres from door to front driveway.

albeit, neighbours horses break in now n then and shit on my drive, she says its good for ya roses, i said its shite for ya carpet !! shift it
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:34 pm

We couldnt hear our neighbours if we tried

400 mtres from door to front driveway.

albeit, neighbours horses break in now n then and shit on my drive, she says its good for ya roses, i said its shite for ya carpet !! shift it
Lol lucky bugger, for the lovely space and lack of noise that is, not for the shiting horses and pissing cicadas small price to pay though I should imagine
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:38 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL

yuk! I was lmao till I saw the picture.
Thought a Cicada must have been a bird
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:58 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I love Oz.

Speakin of Cicadas..

they are HUGE !!

dirty buggers
PMSL
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: I hear noises ...

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Anyone know the thing about popping them under your collar and them returning hours later???......or was i being wound up

What ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.