Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:24 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
to all those who thought i was attention seeking, i am not. thats why i didnt give my reasons, i didnt want to moan about it, i just wanted to say it wasnt for me.

And for those who read through previous posts and seen fit to judge me, shame on you. Just because its not for me, doesnt mean to say i am loser, or a timewaster

And for those of you who are angry that i got there while you didnt, there is no point in being p!ssed off at me, speak to the DIMIA

I just didnt like it. But i had to come to see what it was like,its true that maybe i should have came here for a holiday before going for it. I could have been here a day, or 10 years, i just knew within a short time, it wasnt for me. But thats just me.

Mods, can this thread be deleted or locked? i am not impressed at people jsut searching for any posts i have made, and then sprawling it accross a thread. I can appreciate this is a public forum, and whatever i post is up for discussion, but some people have made this rather personal, and i dont like it.
For what it's worth I think you are doing the right thing, why waste more money here renting and missing out earning better money in the UK if you know already Oz is not for you.
Good Luck for the future.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Just to clear something up, presumably you were referring to TGB and not Tony
of course
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

to all those who thought i was attention seeking, i am not. thats why i didnt give my reasons, i didnt want to moan about it, i just wanted to say it wasnt for me.

And for those who read through previous posts and seen fit to judge me, shame on you. Just because its not for me, doesnt mean to say i am loser, or a timewaster

And for those of you who are angry that i got there while you didnt, there is no point in being p!ssed off at me, speak to the DIMIA

I just didnt like it. But i had to come to see what it was like,its true that maybe i should have came here for a holiday before going for it. I could have been here a day, or 10 years, i just knew within a short time, it wasnt for me. But thats just me.

Mods, can this thread be deleted or locked? i am not impressed at people jsut searching for any posts i have made, and then sprawling it accross a thread. I can appreciate this is a public forum, and whatever i post is up for discussion, but some people have made this rather personal, and i dont like it.
Do you think you will be able to get your old job back? I think people spoke how they did and checked your old posts was to get some sort of idea why you felt the way you do because you gave a very short blank statement but never came back to elaborate.

If it's not for you and you know immediately that's fine - your life afterall. Obviously getting a spouse visa is a great deal easier than the skilled ones so maybe the pressure is not on you to make it work, you don't have to.

I think if I were you, I would either have made that statement and elaborated or not posted at all, just gone back but horses for courses.

Good luck to you.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:32 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Attention seeker, I think

I knew a family, went to Melbourne, upset family and their son was upset to leave his biological dad, who gave permission for him to go.
They did come on here for a while, they where there 2 weeks , hated it and went back to Preston, I think there must have been more to it than that.
I cant see how you know in weeks, the first few weeks is a blur to me.
They went back to Preston???? I've been to Preston and it's one of the most depressing places (along with my own home town) on earth. Why would anyone choose Preston, Lancs over Melbourne, Vic? I agree with you. There must be more to it than that.

Preston is encapsulated beautifully by the song, "Reaching out from here" by the Boo Radleys. The guy who wrote it, hated living there.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

I apologise for judging you.
I have not read your previous post, i just think a week is not long, but only because from my own experience the first few weeks i can not remember, so much to do.
Maybe this should have been on the "going back " forum.
Good luck anyway.
Denise
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
They went back to Preston???? I've been to Preston and it's one of the most depressing places (along with my own home town) on earth. Why would anyone choose Preston, Lancs over Melbourne, Vic?
Beer, Premiership Football?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

good for you for making this decision early.
Be happy in the future all the best Lace xx
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
They went back to Preston???? I've been to Preston and it's one of the most depressing places (along with my own home town) on earth. Why would anyone choose Preston, Lancs over Melbourne, Vic? I agree with you. There must be more to it than that.

Preston is encapsulated beautifully by the song, "Reaching out from here" by the Boo Radleys. The guy who wrote it, hated living there.
Yes thats right, they went back to Preston. I hated Preston, I was brought up Lancaster, then lived n Morecambe, just as bad as Preston.
Their son is the nephew of my freind back in Morecambe.
Denise
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Do you think you will be able to get your old job back? I think people spoke how they did and checked your old posts was to get some sort of idea why you felt the way you do because you gave a very short blank statement but never came back to elaborate.

If it's not for you and you know immediately that's fine - your life afterall. Obviously getting a spouse visa is a great deal easier than the skilled ones so maybe the pressure is not on you to make it work, you don't have to.

I think if I were you, I would either have made that statement and elaborated or not posted at all, just gone back but horses for courses.

Good luck to you.
I agree
Old Jun 27th 2006, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Rangersman is a glorious beacon of light

Wishing you all the best for your future!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:28 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: i got my visa, i came, i dont like it, i am leaving :)

You "knew" within the space of a mere week? How does that work, exactly?

On an unrelated note, what's the deal with your username?

Might as well call yourself "I Like Violent Young Scottish Thugs Who Go Around Beating Up Innocent People" and be done with it.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You "knew" within the space of a mere week? How does that work, exactly?

On an unrelated note, what's the deal with your username?

Might as well call yourself "I Like Violent Young Scottish Thugs Who Go Around Beating Up Innocent People" and be done with it.
You've never gone somewhere and realized pretty quickly that you couldn't live there, even in the short space of a week? I find that hard to believe. Ever spent a mere week in Tangiers?

Leave the poor guy alone not everyone is going to think that Australia is utopia which is plenty fair enough.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 5:53 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
You've never gone somewhere and realized pretty quickly that you couldn't live there, even in the short space of a week? I find that hard to believe. Ever spent a mere week in Tangiers?

Leave the poor guy alone not everyone is going to think that Australia is utopia which is plenty fair enough.
but maybe he should have gotten over the jet lag before making his wifes mind up
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:04 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tucs
but maybe he should have gotten over the jet lag before making his wifes mind up
Perhaps you should read BE rule #1 before sharpening your claws:

"BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."

Last edited by Deer Hunter; Jun 27th 2006 at 6:08 am.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 6:16 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Perhaps you should read BE rule #1 before sharpening your claws:

"BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is "in it together", please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack."
Shouldnt number 2 be, mind your own business and stop jumping to conclusions? Wanna be mod.

"not edited, no need to edit after i thought of somethng else to say"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.