Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I got it! ........

I got it! ........

Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default I got it! ........

A speeding fine ... lol, altho NOT laughing at the $150 fine ...

As a temp resident still driving on a UK license I'm 'hoping' the fine will be it. I was only told the other day how they give you the fine still but cannot give you the points unless your on an Aussie license, but to be honest aint sure ?!?!

Also, I've been done for doing 119 in a 110 zone, and in the Uk they wouldn't / couldn't do you for this because they have to allow 10% for speedo inaccuracy, but I guess this is different over here ?!?!?

Can anyone clarify any of this please?

Cheers
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I got it! ........

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

As a temp resident still driving on a UK license I'm 'hoping' the fine will be it. I was only told the other day how they give you the fine still but cannot give you the points unless your on an Aussie license, but to be honest aint sure ?!?!

Also, I've been done for doing 119 in a 110 zone, and in the Uk they wouldn't / couldn't do you for this because they have to allow 10% for speedo inaccuracy, but I guess this is different over here ?!?!?

Cheers
Ooooh tut tut tut Paul. You know they have thrown temp visa people out for less :scared: No idea by the way
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:54 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

My OH got caught speeding when we were on our visit last year, they told him that it would be "waiting" until he applied for his Oz licence. They also told him not to bother with paying it if we were never coming back but that it could be deemed as non payment and revoke application of Oz licence when he applies.
Sorry got that all back to front but I hope you get the gist
Gillian
Old Apr 21st 2006, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Ooooh tut tut tut Paul. You know they have thrown temp visa people out for less :scared: No idea by the way
Yeah not good I know, but as I say in the UK you'll not get pulled over doin 80 on the motorway. The police HAVE to allow 10% which I know is only 77 but I guess they just round it up.

119 in a 110 is a bit harsh, but then I'd heard they was over here!

Oh well, live and learn I guess.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
My OH got caught speeding when we were on our visit last year, they told him that it would be "waiting" until he applied for his Oz licence. They also told him not to bother with paying it if we were never coming back but that it could be deemed as non payment and revoke application of Oz licence when he applies.
Sorry got that all back to front but I hope you get the gist
Gillian
Hi Gillian, Not sure if that was the answer I wanted, but if that's the case then that's 3 or however many points before I start! ...

Cheers for the reply tho ...
Old Apr 21st 2006, 9:41 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gillian, Not sure if that was the answer I wanted, but if that's the case then that's 3 or however many points before I start! ...

Cheers for the reply tho ...

Sorry about that

I was well p****d off with OH I can tell you esp as he already dad 9 points on his UK license at the time

Hope all is well with you and the family
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
Sorry about that

I was well p****d off with OH I can tell you esp as he already dad 9 points on his UK license at the time

Hope all is well with you and the family
Yeah I bet considering the points situ, but have been there before ...

Apart from this hiccup, all is VERY good thanks ...
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:23 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!!!

Just watch out for those "double-points" days (I think on some Bank Holidays you get "double-points" if you're speeding).

I'm seriously considering having cruise-control when we get a car in Oz.

Gina
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

My boyfriend's mother got done for doing 63 in a 60 zone... they don't allow anything for speedo inaccuracies (at least here in Vic).
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Teliko21
My boyfriend's mother got done for doing 63 in a 60 zone... they don't allow anything for speedo inaccuracies (at least here in Vic).
Yeah I reckon Qld is the same ...

I WAS tempted to do the ole "I was only doin 110" bit but as I wasn't sure if they allowed for speedo inaccuracies I didn't bother and tried the "so sorry, not long been in the country" blah blah, but it got me nowhere! ...lol

Breathalyser was fine tho ... ... but so it should be as I aint been drinking!

Oh and yeah just had one of those 'double bubble' points weekends over Easter!