I give up!!

Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough
Default I give up!!

Sad news, I have decided to throw in the towel in this Ausi move!! I just can't handle the stress of it all. I have attempted to sign up with an agent twice now and on both occasions I have gone into panic mode and canceled within the 14 day cooling off period!!
I keep saying maybe 3rd time lucky but our lives have been on hold for a long time now while we have been researching this and I guess it must be time to make the most of what the UK has to offer.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:05 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I give up!!

Originally Posted by KAYJAS
Sad news, I have decided to throw in the towel in this Ausi move!! I just can't handle the stress of it all. I have attempted to sign up with an agent twice now and on both occasions I have gone into panic mode and canceled within the 14 day cooling off period!!
I keep saying maybe 3rd time lucky but our lives have been on hold for a long time now while we have been researching this and I guess it must be time to make the most of what the UK has to offer.
Hi Kayjas,

When I think of the stress we all face as people,mothers,fathers,employers and employees etc... I refer back to the quote below.
I hope it helps you in some way.
Everyones decisions are their own, good luck mate with any plans you make and adhere towards with regards to you and your families future.

'You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows.
And a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes.
Trying to learn from what's behind you and never knowing what's in store

makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores.

And I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.
Like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky.
I'll never reach my destination if I never try,
So I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.

Too many times we stand aside and let the water slip away.
To what we put off 'til tomorrow has now become today.
So don't you sit upon the shore and say you're satisfied.

Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tides.'
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:22 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Dont give up..................You obviously want to go. Why not sod the agent route off and do it yourself step by step at your own pace. When you eventually get granted a visa it lasts for 5 years. Get it....then think about it. Im doing it without an agent and saving about 2K in the process!
UK's crap.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

nfernand is an unknown quantity at this point

why did you give up? Planning is important
Old Jun 13th 2006, 9:26 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: I give up!!

Mate, that took a lot of guts. Better to remain home as a result of serious doubts, than to cross the globe in spite of them. Good for you.

Don't know if you've been to Australia before, but if you haven't, it might be worth visiting for a decent length holiday. This will at least give you the opportunity to taste what the country has to offer, without making that final, dreaded commitment. And heck, it'll still be a damn good holiday, regardless of the outcome.

Looks like staying in the UK could well be what's right for you; at least, for the moment. Time to get out there and live the life you've put on hold for so long. Britain does have a lot to offer, and perhaps you've denied yourself the chance to see it until now.

Best of luck to you, whatever the future holds.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:13 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi Kayjas,

When I think of the stress we all face as people,mothers,fathers,employers and employees etc... I refer back to the quote below.
I hope it helps you in some way.
Everyones decisions are their own, good luck mate with any plans you make and adhere towards with regards to you and your families future.

'You know a dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows.
And a dreamer's just a vessel that must follow where it goes.
Trying to learn from what's behind you and never knowing what's in store

makes each day a constant battle just to stay between the shores.

And I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.
Like a bird upon the wind, these waters are my sky.
I'll never reach my destination if I never try,
So I will sail my vessel 'til the river runs dry.

Too many times we stand aside and let the water slip away.
To what we put off 'til tomorrow has now become today.
So don't you sit upon the shore and say you're satisfied.

Choose to chance the rapids and dare to dance the tides.'
what a beautiful verse. who is it by?

and how very true................to the original poster, if it is truly your dream, follow it, follow it to the ends of the earth, because we only have one life and we should live it as we wish and fulfill all our thoughts, dreams and prayers because nobody else will. i am sure all the stress will be worth fulfilling and living your dream once you get to australia.

take care.
xx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:18 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

It is sad news........................ and i hope one day you will get to see more of this
Attached Images  
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:21 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Or maybe this is more like it?

Someday

Someday
Someday
I may
Pack my bag and run away
Soemday
I may
- But not today

Some night
I might
Slip away in the moonlight
I might
- But not tonight

Some night
Some day.
I might
I may
- But right now
I think Ill stay.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:30 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
what a beautiful verse. who is it by?

and how very true................to the original poster, if it is truly your dream, follow it, follow it to the ends of the earth, because we only have one life and we should live it as we wish and fulfill all our thoughts, dreams and prayers because nobody else will. i am sure all the stress will be worth fulfilling and living your dream once you get to australia.

take care.
xx
Garth Brooks Hun
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:40 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw this on a bumper sticker this week .

" If your going through Hell ...... KEEP GOING ! "
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

KAYJAS will become famous soon enoughKAYJAS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nfernand
why did you give up? Planning is important
Thanks all for the replies - great verses as well.

I've probably given up because I have done too much planning and workings out. I've opened my eyes to all the bad things that could happen. We did a 3 week reccie trip 18 months ago. When we came home we should have applied straight away and gone with the flow. The thing is was that I did not have any spare funds and I had to pay off the loan we took out for the reccie trip (5k) ouch!!
In the last 18 month I have became an expert in the migration process, I done the skills assessment myself and I been to many Expo's. I have a reasonable paid career job in Engineering and the kids are happy at school. My conclusion is that I would have to take a large drop in money and we would always be saving for trips back to the UK to see family. I have also experienced home sickness before and it is not nice one bit. I hate the British winters but I also don't like the worry of the kids being sun burnt, not to mention the flies. I'm sounding like a winging Pom already!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're making the choice that feels best for you and your family, no one else can live you life and you have to live with your own decisions, if after much thought Aus isn't what you want then good on you for seeing that now rather than getting a few years down the line and having made drastic changes to your life and you end up unhappier for them.
I wish you well in whatever the future bring
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

simongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond reputesimongb has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all for the replies - great verses as well.

I've probably given up because I have done too much planning and workings out. I've opened my eyes to all the bad things that could happen. We did a 3 week reccie trip 18 months ago. When we came home we should have applied straight away and gone with the flow. The thing is was that I did not have any spare funds and I had to pay off the loan we took out for the reccie trip (5k) ouch!!
In the last 18 month I have became an expert in the migration process, I done the skills assessment myself and I been to many Expo's. I have a reasonable paid career job in Engineering and the kids are happy at school. My conclusion is that I would have to take a large drop in money and we would always be saving for trips back to the UK to see family. I have also experienced home sickness before and it is not nice one bit. I hate the British winters but I also don't like the worry of the kids being sun burnt, not to mention the flies. I'm sounding like a winging Pom already!!!
Moving away won't change anything except you will live somewhere different. All the old problems, concerns, irritations will still be there. I think you are making a good choice. You are right, you may hate British winters, but you may hate the strong sunshine too. I don't live in Australia (I live in the US) but I am all too familiar with the perils of being an expat. Stay where you are and go to Australia when you can to visit. That would be my advice to you.