Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
5] any Mods willing to delete this thread and all traces of it from BE forum!!?? If i attempt to give puppy dog eyes and say please??....
Puppy dog eyes or not, there ain't no way this one is getting deleted Oh, an we need pictures of your leaving do please

This will live on as proof of why drinking and posting are not a good idea
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:22 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Puppy dog eyes or not, there ain't no way this one is getting deleted Oh, an we need pictures of your leaving do please

Damn! You beat me to it. I was going to say no amount of begging could get me to delete this. A year from now when she's loving Australia she'll look back at this and laugh.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I believe in cramming things in while you are still young enough to enjoy them. When you 'grow up' and have others peoples' needs to consider, life takes on a whole new perspective. I agree that it sounds as though you are looking for a get out and are having pre-Oz nerves/doubts. I don't think anyone on here didn't/doesn't. I personally would still go, but keep in touch. You could see just how interested he is when he has to write/email all the time, but it would allow you to get to know each other (though unfortunately without the shagging!) to see if you've got any future together. To have gone the through the whole process so far and not to go on the strength of someone you hardly know is a bit foolhardy I think. But most of us can remember the whole butterflies in tummy, sparkly eyes thing and it is easy for us all to just say 'get over it'. But not so easy when it's you. Hope you make the decision that's right for you.
Lorraine
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

I can see it now

"ladies and gentleman will you put your hands together as they take the floor for the last dance ............................Looking Forward To Oz and her mates lodger"

Sorry couldn't resist

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Jan 18th 2009 at 12:39 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:57 pm

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
I can see it now

"ladies and gentleman will you put your hands together as they take the floor for the last dance ............................Looking Forward To Oz and her mates lodger"

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...9ZCAMA33-1.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...ar007/rofl.gif

Sorry couldn't resist

Dougie
Brilliant!

"Get your skates on boys and girls, it's time to roll and dance and twirl.
If you think you’re just too cool for school, got a roller skating party that’s set to rule
It’s one for the lodger and two for Oz, three for disco, let’s kick things off.."

Last edited by MTPockets; Jan 18th 2009 at 1:04 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:13 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Brilliant!

"Get your skates on boys and girls, it's time to roll and dance and twirl.
If you think you’re just too cool for school, got a roller skating party that’s set to rule
It’s one for the lodger and two for Oz, three for disco, let’s kick things off.."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7RIGN217UKM

Absolute quality MT

Dougie
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

My party IS an 80's themed roller disco!! Dress code similar to this!!...

And I will post some pics...just for some added fun. The party is next Wednesday so be sure to stay tuned in!
Attached Thumbnails I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz-26nov08-097.jpg  

Last edited by Looking forward to Oz; Jan 18th 2009 at 2:18 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

joquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nicejoquin is just really nice

We have been back in the Uk for 8 months now and we are flying back to oz on saturday.
I have to say this is the funniest thread i have read on here in all this time.

BTW if you are off out to the pub later let us all know and we will wait up for you.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:17 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

OP - you have to go or else we'll lose your threads such as these

On matters of the heart, only you can know for yourself.

Good luck,
Cooler
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We'll add it to the Site Rules - Do not drink and post or this may happen ........
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point

And I will post some pics...just for some added fun. The party is next Wednesday so be sure to stay tuned in!

LOL LOL LOL. This is priceless.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

What a great idea - roller disco - we used to have the biggest and best here - but now its an indoor go kart racing track - ooohhh how I used to love roller skating to 'Tainted Love' in Wigan when I was about 10 - then followed by me spraining an ankle or wrist. Hope you have a great time and have fun with or without the blokey!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

MrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura aboutMrXnotMrY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
What a great idea - roller disco - we used to have the biggest and best here - but now its an indoor go kart racing track - ooohhh how I used to love roller skating to 'Tainted Love' in Wigan when I was about 10 - then followed by me spraining an ankle or wrist. Hope you have a great time and have fun with or without the blokey!!!!
hmmm... Tainted Love is clearly also the inspiration for the help point ring tone on London Underground... 'beep beep'... see we can all learn from drinking

Go to Cairns. My personal opinion, it's a great place, learn to dive, learn to relax, hire a convertible and drive to Port Douglas. If it's not for you... we'll, at least if you've been you will know firsthand rather than always wonder.

If he's interested, well you'll be offering free accommodation if he can get his act together!

MrX

Last edited by MrXnotMrY; Jan 18th 2009 at 9:21 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:11 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

In response the the OPs original dilema - my advice, from experience - is go to Oz. If there really is a mutual attraction and you are both serious - then this is just a hicup.

I met a great girl 20 years ago. She already had a working visa to go to Oz. We dated for 4 months and then she left to go to Australia for 18 months.

We gave each other the freedom to do whatever we wanted in relation to dating other people. She returned to the UK 18 months later. We have been happily married for 16 years, with 3 great kids, and moved to Australia 3 years ago.

If this guy really is the one then things will find a way to conquer all.............
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, my advice is go and have fun. Not sure my daughter will take my advice, I think she will stay in UK to see how the new relationship pans out. I've said give it a few months, then still come here and let him follow if he's keen.
I know you can't do that as you have a job waiting, but he can come here if he's keen and find you!
Wish you all the best whatever your decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.