Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

Hi.

FIrstly im drunk. but yes i can type. better than text!!1

I have my flight booked for 10 feb but i really fancy this guy. housemate of a work colleague. i really hit it of f with him - or so i thought. He works for the UK company of that i will be joining in Oz.

I saw him tonight and he's coming to my leaving do - a roller skate disco party!

Should i not go to oz. i really fancy this guy. we havent kissed or anything but we've exchanged FB names. Whats an experience in oz when you can be in uk and in love?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz

OMG plenty more fish in the sea comes to mind. I cant believe that a whim would even make u even reconsider... are you really sure you want to come here?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:40 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Looking forward to Oz
Hi.

I have my flight booked for 10 feb but i really fancy this guy. housemate of a work colleague. i really hit it of f with him - or so i thought. He works for the UK company of that i will be joining in Oz.

I saw him tonight and he's coming to my leaving do - a roller skate disco party!

Should i not go to oz. i really fancy this guy. we havent kissed or anything but we've exchanged FB names. Whats an experience in oz when you can be in uk and in love?
I can not state this enough

"Do not make long term life decisions based on short term relationships"

P.S At least shag him first ,he may be useless.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia

thats the sort of advice I was going to give too!!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Zambia
I can not state this enough

"Do not make long term life decisions based on short term relationships"

Test drive him!! I like your thinking! x
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Depends how shallow you are I guess.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by homewardbound
OMG plenty more fish in the sea comes to mind. I cant believe that a whim would even make u even reconsider... are you really sure you want to come here?
No. Im not sure. things have kinda snowballed. i applied for a job. got offered it. accepted it. started researching abotu cairns. realised how dangerous it is. cant back out cause signed employmetn contract. new employer paid PR visa cpsts. flight and accom. im really not sure. i feel like ive done something stupid. like im still a child who makes mistakes. think i should be going to melbourne or sydney instead. its more me. (what do i know, ive never been to oz). I want to be a city girl who wears smart suits and drinks coffee in take out cups...
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Some experience in Cairns won't hurt, perhaps you'll fall in love with a crocodile
Old Jan 18th 2009, 3:58 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

No. Im not sure. things have kinda snowballed. i applied for a job. got offered it. accepted it. started researching abotu cairns. realised how dangerous it is. cant back out cause signed employmetn contract. new employer paid PR visa cpsts. flight and accom. im really not sure. i feel like ive done something stupid. like im still a child who makes mistakes. think i should be going to melbourne or sydney instead. its more me. (what do i know, ive never been to oz). I want to be a city girl who wears smart suits and drinks coffee in take out cups...
You are going to love reading this thread in the morning...
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:25 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You are going to love reading this thread in the morning...
Very true , very true
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to stop drinking for a while. It's amazing how clear things are with a clear head. Were you also drunk when you accepted the job?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

Are you on glue? You meet some guy, have no idea if he's interested in you, and decide you may not want to move now? You know absolutely nothing about him except that he lives with a work colleague. Give your head a shake (yes, it's going to hurt with a hangover) and get a grip on reality.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

You're assuming that she's any good
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:41 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Ignore those nasty shouty ladies and take two of these.
Attached Thumbnails I fancy this guy...should I not go to Oz-alka.jpeg  
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:42 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Cancel it because you genuinely dont want to go, not because of some bloke you don't know but fancy.

And certainly not because you want to be a city girl wearing smart suits, drinking coffee in take out cups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.